• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Requiem for a Spell[s]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello every one, at the moment im making a map, and i am having troubles with finding some spells or making them, so i have decided to ask some of the brilliant minds of hive to help me out, i need some one to make me some spells that i have in my mind, i dont know which ones are possible and which are not, but any help, advice, or creation is welcome, and of course any one who joins will get my most honest regards and +rep.

So im just going to give you a brief description of the spells that i need.

(The requests in red are done, or in no longer of need)

№ 1) A spell that damages the selected target for X damage and heals the caster for damage dealt.

№ 2) A single target taunt, not AoE, in means a taunt that will force the selected target to attack you for X sec.

№ 3) Defend - There is a footman ability that when switched on and off gives you decreased damage taken from attacks but only from PIERCING attacks, i want the same effect but to all sorts of attacks.

№ 4) Heal shield - a shield that when placed uppon a target heals the target for the next 1/2/3 incoming attacks lasts for X sec.
OR
Just a shield that blocks X damage or if possible the next 1/2/3 attacks of incoming damage.

№ 5) A give/take buff - Decrease buffed units damaged taken by X % and reduces buffed targets attack damage or overal damage by X% for X sec.

№ 6) Аmplify damage - buffed target takes X % more damage from all attacks for X sec.

№ 7) А unit places a projectile (in my mind for the spell is a spinning axe) on the ground (like a ward) that will deal X damage/sec in a AoE arround it for X sec.

№ 8) Ghost walk Buff - Increases the targets move speed to max and allows it to pass through projectiles but removes it ability to attack for X sec.

№ 9) A unit places an ilusion at one point, and when ever it desires it can teleport in its place.

№ 10) A unit has X % to block an attack and deal half the damage that was blocked from the enemy.

№ 11) Chain Heal buff - A unit is chain linked with X units, when one of the linked units is healed, the rest of the chained units will also be healed for X% of that amount, but when damaged the same effect goes.

№ 12) Heals all units in Aoe for X amount, but damages him self for the same amount.

№ 13) On each attack the unit has a X% that his next attack will heal him for X amount.

№ 14) Chain lightning spell that with each target hit, will apply a debuff reducing its armor( or damage)

№ 15) buff mark - When a target is buffed it will heal X amount over time but only if the target does not take any damage during the healing, if it does take damage, it will damage the target for the amount that should have been healed.

№ 16) Buffs all target around the unit in a AoE for X armor and X % move speed increase.

№ 17) The buffed target will bleed for X damage for X sec and when it stops bleeding it will focus attack the caster.

These are all the spells that i need, and i hope some of great folks here could help me with some of them or make some of them for me, because im not much of a trigger spell happy person, (i like terrains and events) please any one who is up to the challenge try and help out, and i hope i inspired some of you with the new ideas for the spells.

That is all, thank you for the time, and help in advance, as i said any one who tried to help or helped +rep as always and a BIG thank you note from me :wink:

You can post the spell or advice bellow or P.M me

Last edited:
Level 25
So im just going to give you a brief description of the spells that i need.[/B][/SIZE]
(The requests in red are done, or in no longer of need)

№ 1) A spell that damages the selected target for X damage and heals the caster for damage dealt.
Finger of Death + triggered heal.

№ 2) A single target taunt, not AoE, in means a taunt that will force the selected target to attack you for X sec.
Trigger "A unit uses ability" order target of ability to attack triggering unit.

№ 5) A give/take buff - Decrease buffed units damaged taken by X % and reduces buffed targets attack damage or overal damage by X% for X sec.
Inner Fire increases armor, armor reduces damage.

№ 6) Аmplify damage - buffed target takes X % more damage from all attacks for X sec.
Faerie Fire reduces armor, less armor increases damage taken.

№ 7) А unit places a projectile (in my mind for the spell is a spinning axe) on the ground (like a ward) that will deal X damage/sec in a AoE arround it for X sec.
A ward with permanent immolitation.

№ 8) Ghost walk Buff - Increases the targets move speed to max and allows it to pass through projectiles but removes it ability to attack for X sec.
Wind walk with no bonus damage.

№ 11) Chain Heal buff - A unit is chain linked with X units, when one of the linked units is healed, the rest of the chained units will also be healed for X% of that amount, but when damaged the same effect goes.
Healing Wave.

№ 12) Heals all units in Aoe for X amount, but damages him self for the same amount.
Thunder Clap with negative damage, triggered damage.

№ 13) On each attack the unit has a X% that his next attack will heal him for X amount.
Item Orb of Lighting + Item Lifesteal.

№ 15) buff mark - When a target is buffed it will heal X amount over time but only if the target does not take any damage during the healing, if it does take damage, it will damage the target for the amount that should have been healed.
Item - Healing Salve.

№ 16) Buffs all target around the unit in a AoE for X armor and X % move speed increase.
Roar?
:goblin_boom:

Level 29
2) When ability is activated store unit selected by spell in a spell instance using Indexed arrays. for loop trigger check if unit is alive. Then order unit to attack the caster.

4) My spell Doom Heal may work for you here. It creates a shield like special effect and heals the unit. You can configure it for your liking.
Spell is in my sig or in my resources.

5) This is easy. Check buffed units and use a DDS. Whenever they are attacked check if they are in Group then decrease damage as necessary.

6) Same as above just amplify instead of reduce damage.

8) For this you could possible cast silence on target unit. Change its move speed to 255. Before changing to 255 you need to store its previous move speed. You also need to check if that unit levels as his move speed would increase slightly when it levels.

10) Using a DDS you can check if that unit will block the damage. If it does deal half damage back to the unit.

11) Mentioned above.

12) Using a loop you can check how many units are in area. Then heal them and damage yourself that much.

13) Using DDS you can heal unit on next attack.

14) I believe there is a chain lightning spell already on hive that does something very similar.

15) Mentioned above.

16) Mentioned above.

17) Another simple spell. Using indexed arrays store unit and deal damage. Then when spell ends simply order unit to attack the caster.

Level 1
We already said how to do the spells

Dimo said:
having troubles with finding some spells or making them

i need some one to make me

I think that suggests that he does not have a lot of knowledge about trigger spells, and thats why he is using /bump, maybe just a simple explanation is not enough for him, i will try and make number 11 for you and upload it later on.
Giving explanations and suggestions is good, but i think it preferable when some one makes such a request to make it.

Level 3
If he is having trouble though and people have said how to make them then he could say he is having problems with what we have said rather than just ignoring what we have said.

Actually i was just away for few days, and the bump was for more suggestion, i tried some of the techniques you suggested and they works part off and on, and yes im having trouble with some stuff, i just hate requesting some one to directly make the spell for me, tho i prefer it.
Any ways, thanks for the suggestions and explanations i already +rep you about it, it helped in ways.

Level 3
Ok, tanks for the offer, yeah i know some are prob very hard, thats why i was wondering if some one couldmake it in a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.