• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Representation of WarCraft: The Novels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I've been reading the WarCraft novels since 2005 when I ordered Day of the Dragon which was the first book I read in English. And for people who are new to the lore I would recommend either Day of the Dragon since it's the first book Blizzard ever printed and therefor makes no references to anything that has happened in any other books and it describes what the Eastern Kingdoms looked like before World of WarCraft. If you however want to start of with a little more lore I'd suggest the War of the Ancients trilogy since it gives back story to so many races and describes so many characters you never get to see in the game like Broxigar or my all time favorite Malygos.

If you're someone who knows a lot about lore I'd however suggest something that makes a lot of references and requires you to be familiar with the recent and past lore and I think that a prime example of that is Dawn of the Aspects. It shows a lot of content that you'd never get to even catch a glimpse of in the game and requires you to know a lot about dragons and also ends up teaching you a lot about the dragon aspects and the proto-drake race.

With so many great WarCraft novels out there which one would you recommend to others, which one stands above all the others?

Level 24
Still Malygos fan eh? He's awsum btw:)

He has been my favorite since I read War of the Ancients (It was Alexstrasza prior to that) And I'm not likely to change my mind any time soon.

The Last Guardian was good btw. It somehow materialized Khadgar's struggle to become a better mage I say, plus the "short" Medivh signs of Sargeras possession. The rest I would say Of Blood and Honor, Tirion's code of conduit. Day of the Dragon is good too.
About the rest I'm not so sure yet.

You seem to have read a lot of the older books.

Level 28
Who doesn't like Malygos?

Anyway, this are the novels I read before.

Of Blood and Honor (Done)
Day of the Dragon (Done)
Lord of the Clans (Done)
The Last Guardian (Half-way, but its been years since I last read a word from this.)
and War of the Ancients Trilogy (Done)

... and since then I never been updated on the lore. Anyway, if I happen to follow Warcraft's lore again can anybody point me on the right direction?

With so many great WarCraft novels out there which one would you recommend to others, which one stands above all the others?

I recommend anyone who is interested on reading Warcraft to read it all. The beauty of Warcraft is it rich world and history.

Level 24
I can't buy them, I don't know where. But I play OutsiderXE's campaigns. And Tides of War is coming, Yay!

As I have only played his Day of the Dragon campaign I can only speak for that and not his other two. But from what I've experienced his campaign leaves out a lot of important details like character description since you do not get to see what's going on inside their heads and you end up missing out a lot from bad@$$ characters such as Vereesa and Alexstrasza. Though if you read Night of the Dragon you'll learn that Vereesa is a real hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.