• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dawn of the Aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR NOW FOR 5 YEARS!
wow.dawn.aspects.pt1.cvr.580.jpg

So Blizzard has finally announced that their next novel will be a 90 page long eBook and what is even better this novel will only cost 2$ and this is a 5 parts long novel so assuming that all parts will be equally long and cost the same amount of money this will be a 450 pages long novel for 10$. This novel is said to be released the 12/2/2013 so it will be out in a month.

So why have I've been waiting for this for 5 years? Well that's because this novel will cover the proto-drakes and what's even better they will cover it through the eyes of Malygos the oldest creature of Azeroth we've seen so far. And here is a bit of text from Blizzard about the book.

PART I

The former Dragon Aspects are on the brink of going their separate ways to forge new destinies. As Kalecgos ponders the uncertain future awaiting his kind, he uncovers a mysterious artifact that allows him to see through the eyes of his late predecessor, Malygos. Intense visions bombard Kalecgos, transporting him to a time when the original Aspects were no more than primitive proto-dragons. Across ancient Kalimdor's northern plains, they fought for survival against each other and a terrifying creature that dominated the era: the Father of Dragons, Galakrond. But many questions remain for Kalecgos. What are the origins of this strange artifact? Are its visions a gift, or a curse?

For more information check out this link: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/dawn-of-the-aspects-part-1-to-release-february-2013/

So what do you think of this novel are you as excited as I am or would you had liked to see something else and in that case what? I myself has dreamed of a novel about the proto-drakes since I first flew over the remains of Galakrond.

Level 24
Yes I think it's safe to assume the the gigantic proto-drake on the cover is Galakrond it would not be surprising if Malygos have seen his father considering that he was the oldest of the five siblings.

Level 24
WarCraft books are nothing short of awesome just take Day of the Dragon as an example.

And Galakrond in the next expansion that sounds like one of my dreams since Galkrond is a person I've always wanted to see more of. Yet my favorite character through the entire WarCraft universe is Malygos so seeing the world through his eyes and even better see the proto-drakes is nothing short of awesome. We will probably see a lot of things that Alexstrasza and the other aspects know nothing about considering that he is the oldest of the siblings and he is also the smartest. Not to mention that he is also the most powerful of all the siblings. (It's sad that he was not around to kick Deathwings @$$.)

Level 14
WarCraft books are nothing short of awesome just take Day of the Dragon as an example.

And Galakrond in the next expansion that sounds like one of my dreams since Galkrond is a person I've always wanted to see more of. Yet my favorite character through the entire WarCraft universe is Malygos so seeing the world through his eyes and even better see the proto-drakes is nothing short of awesome. We will probably see a lot of things that Alexstrasza and the other aspects know nothing about considering that he is the oldest of the siblings and he is also the smartest. Not to mention that he is also the most powerful of all the siblings. (It's sad that he was not around to kick Deathwings @$$.)

Yeah.

Level 24
Another Knaak book? Meh.

I can agree somewhat with you Knaak is really only at his best when he's writing about dragons and it seems like we'll be getting a lot of them in this book. (Probably why my favorite is Day of the Dragon.)

And I think that this novel was also released to finally give us a bigger clearing of the Mantid and possibly even Y'Shaarj.

Status
Not open for further replies.