• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Question for the thinkers out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
A System to Prevent Map Hacking (Giving Vision)

So i have people wanting me to ban ppl from playing my game because they insist other people are sometimes using a map hack program that allows them to see the whole map.

Is there a way i can make a trigger system to detect if a unit is clicked on when they that player doesnt really have vision of that unit?

Blizzard does something like this in Ladder play where they know to ban ppl's cd keys if they click on a unit they normally wouldnt be able to see because they are using "map hack" to see the whole map along with invisible units.

I havent given it much thought yet how a system like this could be made but it seems like it would be possible.. Let me know your thoughts.

Level 21
Those blizzard ticks and tricks are not coded in the map themselves (since you can open them in editor, just look, you will not see such triggers); so I guess it is coded in the game itself (or in Bnet engine, maybe).

-A weird solution could be to:
1-check camera position for the player
2-from the position (x,y) check the nearest player unit (or allied if shared vision).
3-if the distance between the camera and the nearest unit is greater than its sight range (meaning you need to store all sight ranges, or at least, a max sight range, in variables), then, there is a good chance you get a player looking what he is not supposed to do.

-You can change this idea with the event "a unit is selected" (check range etc.)

-Maybe (not sure) the native IsUnitVisible (I do not remember the exact name) works with GetLocalPlayer() without desync, I'm not sure at all.

Level 20
It's impossible to detect maphack using triggers as the player using hack cant click on unit that is visible by map hack. Map hack doesn't really reveal map like 'iseedeadpeople' cheat does,the fog is removed,but game still "thinks" there's fog thus you can't detect it.

Level 13
bummer.. are you sure? i could have sworn when i tested it out once you could click to see a units remaining health/mana bar on the enemy unit you wouldnt be able to see without using the map hack program..

also point me in the direction of that map hack detector program plz ^^ that would work good enough i suppose lol

Level 13
looks promising but bummer its to big for me to mess around with right now also requires me to load each unit, dang thats alot.. lol

Is the a program tool that would allow me to detect when ppl in a game are using a map hack program or just that vjass function to put in the map?

Level 13
Is there a program tool that would allow me to detect when ppl in a game are using a map hack program to reveal all map and hidden units or just that vjass function to put in the map?
If so plz point me to it? :)

*bump*

Status
Not open for further replies.