• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Will this antimap hack work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0t

p0t

Level 2
I wanted to make a system to detect and stop maphacking. What i got now is 2 parted and i wanted to know if it should work because i dont feel like downloading hacks.

Its a team 1 vs team 2 map both teams own an area in opposite corners. In the farthest corners of the map in each base there is an invisible unit. There is nothing in the game that could give vision of a teams unit to the enemy because its in a secluded area. So basically every 2 seconds i add this invisible unit to the the players selection(team 1 gets team 2s invis unit added to their selection and visa versa).

antir.jpg

This will do nothing if you dont have a mh or a unit with true sight.
If you have a unit with true sight that gives you vision of the unit it will just add the unit to your selection making hacking very obvious in replays.

The Second part uses the 'is unit visible' to identify hacking in the game and cause actions such as a text message, player kick, subtract resources.

Antin.jpg

I tested the first part by making a unit with true sight in this secluded area. I watched the replay and the only time i selected the unit was when i had vision.

Will this work?

Last edited:
Level 6
Can you select invisible units with MH now? If so, it would be limited, but it would work for that specific thing... There are better ways of doing it though.

No, you can't select units that aren't actually in your field of view.

p0t

p0t

Level 2
There are no sentry wards in my map - "There is nothing in the game that could give vision of a teams unit to the enemy because its in a secluded area."

Ive found out people were hacking by checking replays to see if units were selected under fog of war. Many people were caught this way and its the only way i know of to find out if a person hacks. The unit/units you have selected show up in the replay. With the ability to toggle fog on and off you can catch careless hackers.

Level 9
Interesting... But you should have added some trigger, that will remove the selection and point it somehow, which player have selected the unit. Otherwise, it will be annoying to have to select your hero/unit/whatever every 2 sec...

Level 11
Ok, since this seems to be more of an open topic (AMH) then normal I'll add what I know about AMHs.

Many popular map hacks support the ability of clicking units you can't see. So, you check if a unit a player has click on is fogged/masked. If it is, you could say they are maphacking.

First Problem: This system is not perfect, sometimes it'll make a misdetection.
Solution: The player must make 5 'impossible' clicks within a minute to be detected.
Second Problem: The player can turn off the ability to select unseeable units.
Solution: None with this system.

There is a good AMH in the hiveworkshop database. The methods it uses are all known, however they're implemented better then average.

Status
Not open for further replies.