• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about transparency in skins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, here I go. This be my first post on this site and, well, I have a bit of a problem. I'm relatively just starting out on skins and, after reading a tuto by KDEWolf (thanks a ton) about layers and stuff I decided to do basically completely new skin, using the previous ones for basics on shading and the sorts, based on the Militia unit. My main goal was to change te axe into a dagger or kris like weapon, remove the shield, and change the armor into leather. I've accomplished the drawing but in Adobe Photoshop 6, I just can't create an invisible section to remove the shield and axe head. Anyone have advice? :roll:

Level 3
I see how it is... I know its possible because in antoher skin, I was just screwing around, and I tried to sign my name into the sword and it ended up parting the sword at the end, casuing it to be partially ivisible between the tip and the rest.

Level 3
look for tutorials on how to edit alpha layers. i use PSP7 mainly so can't describe to you what to do.

know this tho, certain areas that are 'team color' won't be made transparent by alpha layers, and certain area's of a model that aren't even team color areas can't be made transparent by alpha layers (ie. almost all of the warden model accept for her cape cannot be made transparent)

Status
Not open for further replies.