• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a question about the moderators (no offense, just a simple question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I want to know :
1.how to become a moderator
2.the qualification to become moderator
3.are the moderator can leave their postion or get fired?
4.are moderator is a normal user
5.are only moderatOr allowed to give more than 1 rep?

Thanks in advance

Level 18
I think there was a moderator application form somewhere. I'm not sure where to find it though. I'm sorry.

Yes, they can.

Depends on your definition of normal user. :p

Nope, users can give more rep depending on their reputation and post count. A full description is in the Reputation FAQ although I think the 1 additional rep per 200 reputation is currently 1 additional rep per 150 reputation.

I think there was a moderator application form somewhere. I'm not sure where to find it though. I'm sorry.
From what I remember, an admin will give you an application form if the staff thinks you are good enough to become a moderator.

Nope, users can give more rep depending on their reputation and post count. A full description is in the Reputation FAQ although I think the 1 additional rep per 200 reputation is currently 1 additional rep per 150 reputation.
Really?
Back when I was a moderator on this site, I had the ability to give people up to 12 reps/neg-reps each time.
So I'm guessing things have changed or something.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I want to know :
Same way you advance in general, be that in massive coorporations, governmental institutions, schoolyard picks or any other element based on pecking order.
Let's narrow this down to two quite common examples that are oftenly promoted, shall we?
  • Salt of the Earth
    • This implies that you're dependable, keen as mustard and hardworking. You always make the better fist.
  • Brownnosers
    • You know which asses to kiss or whose backs to rub to advance in ranks.
Really?
Back when I was a moderator on this site, I had the ability to give people up to 12 reps/neg-reps each time.
I think the question was whether users are limited to 1 rep per go.

Last edited:
Really?

he meant that users can actually also give more than 1 rep... and Its also written on that FAQ that moderators have the power to give from 1 to 12 rep... ^_^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I want to know :

Thanks in advance
Joke answer - By hacking the pentagon, we are an elite organization of criminals.

Real answer - By being highly active, skilled and by not asking to be a moderator (admins come to you, not you to the admins).

Joke answer - Multiple PHDs in nuclear physics and law, internationally wanted and with atleast a 10 million dollar dead reward.

Real answer - There are no real qualifications to become a moderator. Many extreemly skilled people are not moderators while some moderators may not be that skilled. You need to be a model member (well behaved) and contribute a lot to the community as a whole (good ideas, help lots of people or comment and make lots of good resources).

Joke answer - Becomming a moderator is a legally binding life long contract that breaching (be leaving or getting thrown out) will result in instant and utter death.

Real answer - You are free to leave at any time and can take long vocations without concern. Large lengths of inactivity or bad behaviour (like referencing the fantastic 4 in a news post) will result in you getting removed from staff (or in some ways fired). Removals due to inactivity can be reversed if you suddenly become highly active again (for fairness as real life can be hard on people at times).

Joke answer - no, we are an elite team of aliens, cyborgs, dragons, beasts and ponies armed to the teath with destructive and leathal weaponary. I myself can end existance for all enternity at flick of my fingers and the admins are even more powerful.

Real answer - with exception of Ralle who owns large parts of this site legally (the servers are in his name etc) we all started as normal users. I was some dorky noob who was trying to learn jass, pyritie some random dragon fanatic kid and Kimberly was someone else.

Joke answer - No, moderators are only allowed to give rep by solving complex mathematical equations. Be lucky we are not very good at them otherwise some people would have reputations so low or large that existance itself could not represent them.

Real answer - No, reputation awared is based on some formula (which has undergone multiple revisions over time). It eithor varies on post count, current reputation or years of membership. Moderators however can specify the reputation to give as an integer in range of -12 to +12. Administrators can alter reputation in every way (how contest award sums of like 20 rep are added).

The joke answers are there to be ammusing, feel free to ignore them.

1. Eat your vegies.

2. You must have really firm pectorals, speak Latin fluently, and must be able to run over speeds of 50km/h.

3. Of course not! Moderators have infinite power beyond your knowledge! I would like to see an admin with enough balls to try to fire a mod!

Of course not! Moderators have infinite power beyond your knowledge!

5. Yes. They are special unlike you and me. They are gods and we are their children (metaphorically).

1. If you are noticed by admins or other mods that you excel in a certain area, they will contact you and ask you.

2. Well this is basically the same as 1.

3. Yes.

4. Yes. Btw, they may be moderators in a Wc3 game website, but believe it or not, irl they are actually similar to us (maybe).

5. Yes.

Sorry for CnPing your idea, DSG.

Level 27
Now see, a critteria of becoming a moderator would be a dedication to hiveworkshop, good behavior (No rule breaking, politeness and such) and experience in some sort of stuff that could require moderator's attention.
Like, for example, WherewolfTherewolf, who started as a shy and friendly newbie who quickly became popular for his musical talent and friendliness and currently he is 3rd most immpotant pony commander in charge of twenty fluttershy-class battlecruisers a forum moderator... no wait, isn't he an administrator? Well anyways, he's in charge of Pony Artist's Hub sub-forum's music sub-sub-forum.
Same for Billy The Cat. He was one of those friendly newbies not like that goddamn Skycraft that were polite, friendly and dedicated to our community. And so one day, he became known as Justin Bieber a forum moderator.

Oh, moderators actually get to -rep people and approve/reject resources, but hey, these are your tools, not privileges, they're used to enforce master Ralle's will make people follow the rules and rate/reject resources. If you'll be abusing these, you might get... foiled.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I want to know :
You don't. You are simply moderator material or not. If we find that you are, you will be contacted.
You are active, knowledgable and sane.
Yes
They are normal users with powers to make this a better place.
The more rep you have, the more you give. I think the max is 4.
Thanks in advance

Np

Status
Not open for further replies.