• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A problem I can't figure out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
[SOLVED] A problem I can't figure out:

Well, I recently found (again) Monster Master RPG, and decided to give it another go. I put it in my "Downloads" folder, and ingame I couldn't find the map.
I went to my maps folder again, adn created a sub folder. In it the only map I put was Monster Master RPG. It didn't show up. This happend countless times before, but I didn't really paid atention 'cause I was mostly playing This Wreckage. My Warcraft III is 1.26a. I used tthe version switcher, to upgrade directly from 1.22 to this version. Could that be the problem ?

:goblin_jawdrop:

EDIT: Thank you Sin'dorei300, I wouldn't expect that to work!

Last edited:
Level 5
I will try that today. I downgraded to 1.22 to see what will happen. Now I could see the maps, but they wouldn't start. I upgraded to 1.25 and then the same problem as before, none of them would show. I guess I have to find the correct version or something.

Level 12
The problem is usually the file length name as seen from your drive. This happened to me a lot when I was trying to be really organized with my maps. It ended up being something like:

C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps/FrozenThrone/Abelhawk/RPGs/Alarad's Vengeance/Episode 1/Alarad's Vengeance - Episode 1.wcx

I could open it in the map editor no problem, but in-game it was completely gone. Just shorten the file name or put it up a few levels and it'll show up no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.