• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't figure out tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm following this tutorial and i can't figure out this part of the AoE spell trigger
1625852859644.png
I have no idea how "loop - actions" is created and put under the first action. I'm really new to world edit and hive in general so help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: i realised i was just using the wrong pick every unit action, no need to approve this now i guess

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I recommend using a single Dummy unit instead of creating 1 for EACH picked unit. It's a nice performance improvement.

Something like this:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for...
  • Set Variable Dummy = Last created unit
  • Pick every unit and do...
  • Unit - Order Dummy to cast Sleep on Picked unit

If your Dummy unit is setup properly then it can cast the spell on multiple units at the same time. What's important is that the Dummy unit's Art - Cast Point/Backswing are set to 0.00, Movement Type set to None, and Speed Base set to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.