• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] A Noob Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is There A Way To Make A units Cast Illusion Spell(Item Wand Of Illusion) Without Making Him Use A Item Using GUI? Because I Couldn't Find The Spell Through The Issue Order Trigger

Level 3
First, please refrain from double posting.

To answer your question, the items themselves are not the ability. If you look in object editor, you will notice that there is a field under items for their abilities. Look under the wand of illusion, and find the name of the ability, the properties of these item abilities are in the abilities tab with all other abilities.

You will find said ability under the "Special" folder in the abilities tab. Just look for the specific ability. From here you can modify this spell to be a hero or unit spell, then treat it like a normal ability.

Level 1
Well Thats Not What I Meant And Sorry For Double Posting But I Meant That I Created A Custom Illusion Spell And I Need To Make Trigger Created Unit To Cast It On Someone And Then Disappare But I Can't Find The Illusion Spell In The Issue Order Trigger, I Find Other But Not This One.Just Need Units TO Be Ordered To Cast Illusion Spell Through Triggers I Already Done This With Other Abilities

Level 1
Well Maybe That You Can't Order Unit To Cast That Spell But You Can Order Unit To Cast Most Spells Just Order Him To Cast The Spell That Use As The Template For Your Spell

Level 3
I looked up the ability itself. The illusion ability has no use/turn on order string. However, if you change the field called "Order String - Use/Turn on" and change that to a spell ID you know (let's say "firebolt") then under the issue order command, you can say "order unit to firebolt target unit"

Status
Not open for further replies.