• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] item ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ok, i'm just want to ask one thing

how can i order unit to use item ability without order unit to use an item? (so it work on unit without inventory.)
How can i order unit to use Custom ability based on item ability?
e.x: I've an ability based on wand illusion make illusion, how can i order unit to use that ability?

Because item ability doesn't have order string i can't use "unit - issue order" function. and i don't want it giving unit item with that ability, then order it to use that item, because that doesn't work on unit that doesn't have inventory.

and change "stats - item ability" on object editor doesn't change it. it just change status so it can added to unit. doesn't add order strings.

that's all. hope someone answering this fast, because I'm very need it on my spell

~Mage_Goo

Last edited:
Level 11
u can change the spell to unit ability in object editor

attachment.php

set that to false and u can add that ability to units

Attachments

• Mage_Goo_Help.JPG
    Mage_Goo_Help.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 274
Level 10
sorry, I'm bad explain it, what i mean is this:

How can i order unit to use Custom ability based on item ability?
e.x: I've an ability based on wand illusion make illusion, how can i order unit to use that ability?
Because item ability doesn't have order string i can't use "unit - issue order" function. and i don't want it giving unit item with that ability, then order it to use that item, because that doesn't work on unit that doesn't have inventory.

and change "stats - item ability" on object editor doesn't change it. it just change status so it can added to unit. doesn't add order strings.

P.S: I've edit the first post

Last edited:
Level 16
but he doesnt want wand item
I can't remember any other solution than this one which is practical and easy to use. Key is in giving item to dummy, not to unit he wants to target.

He should also make dummy death fix to remove item when dummy dies, like this:

• Item Drop Fix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Dummy
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))

Level 10
change the spell order id to an id of a hero order, then order the unit to cast the spell using that order

e.g. change order id of items ability to entangling roots of keeper of the grove and order dummy to cast entangling roots - keeper of the groove

hope it helped

gl

it just not working, I'm changed the "order string on/use", but it didn't use the ability. maybe because i use non-hero order? gonna change it.

I can't remember any other solution than this one which is practical and easy to use. Key is in giving item to dummy, not to unit he wants to target.

He should also make dummy death fix to remove item when dummy dies, like this:

• Item Drop Fix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Dummy
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))

hmm, I've tried it, but the dummy didn't use the ability on-time. when i order it to use, it need about 3-5 second to use it, dunno why it happen.

and sorry for late answer.:sad:

Level 12
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(GetTriggerUnit() , 852274 , GetAttackingUnit())
This orderid is the ability of Wand of Illusion. Kinda quoted the rest from you.

Level 10
Make lower cast time on your illusions item. I have similar spell like yours and it work like I suggested you.

hmm, tryed it, but when i put cast time to 0, it not using the item anyway..

• Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(GetTriggerUnit() , 852274 , GetAttackingUnit())
This orderid is the ability of Wand of Illusion. Kinda quoted the rest from you.

is order id same with other wand illusion based ability?

And, increase dummy units lifespan to at least 1 second. (timed life)

how can i add life span? expiration timer didn't kill unit, instead they remove it. any other way?

Level 12
is order id same with other wand illusion based ability?

Yes, it is the same. That is also true for other abilities.

Making the ability a unit ability, giving it to the dummy and ordering it to use it is way more simpler than giving it an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.