• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get order string for item based ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I've seen vex's castersystem and there are item called rune of illusion, so when picked up by a hero, the trigger will create dummy unit and order it to cast ability based on "Wand of Illusion" ability. The problem is, since the item ability doesn't have order string so he order it with some numbers like '875443' .... ummm.. i don't know exactly, but the number is about 6-7 digit.

My question is.. how i can get this number? and how i can get another order string for every ability that i made from item ability?

Level 2
Well add an order string. For example chainlightning and use it in the trigger as Orc Farseer - Chain Lightning. I'm not sure that it will work, I haven't done this before. :lol:

Level 13
I know that man. :roll: Each unit ability must have order string but what about item ability, i talk about wand of illusion ability. Vex used this ability to dummy unit and then order that dummy to cast the ability on triggering unit. How can he order that dummy with some order number like '87xxxx' ( a 6 digit number) :?: :?:

Level 11
for illusion wand isn't a order id, so use number 852504 and set order string to Ward

next numbers you can get with this:
JASS:
function Trig_h_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), I2S(OrderId("ward")) )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_h takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_h = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent( gg_trg_h, Player(0), "gg", true )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_h, function Trig_h_Actions )
endfunction
Instead of "Ward" you can write orders. GL

Level 2
A minute ago I made it. It's a bit stupid way but it works :lol: .

Events - A unit acquires an item
Conditions - Item being manipulated equal to Illution Rune
Actions - Unit - Create 1 CasterUnit (1) for (Owner of (Hero Manipulating Item)) at (Position of (Hero Manipulating Itemt)) facing (Random angle) degrees
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Hero - Create DummyDupe and give it to (Last created unit)
Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Item carried by (Last created unit) of type DummyDupe) on (Hero Manipulating Item)
Wait 0.50 seconds
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Last created unit) of type DummyDupe)

Just the dummy must have an inventory (Hero).
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.