• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys ive encountered another problem here. When i open the unit pallete and click thrall this happens.

The application has encountered a critical error:
The file data is corrupt.
Program: C:\program files\warcraftiii\worldedit.exe.
File Units\orc\thrall.blp

Press ok to terminate application.

Same thing happens when i click Tauren Chieftain in campaign. I click the archer in melee section in unit pallete and this happens also.

This also occur when i imported and uses this model vrykul wolf rider,Troll Ravager and Hero prince goblin.

What should i do?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Back when I had vista my whole computer just shut down after I opened object editor, just with no warning, my monitor blacked out...

Have you tried going to WE shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Launch in compatibility mode > Windows XP SP 3 + Remove Themes + Run as admin?

If you've done those, are you using vista like i did? If yes you should buy w7.

Level 13
Im still using windows xp only and my monitor is not flat, its still big hahaha. But it doesnt blackout the WE just crashes or automatically exit when I press ok to terminate application,which is i dont have any choice but to press ok. I feel sad thou i cant used some models but others can, i really liked the vrykul wolfrider,troll ravager and hero goblin prince. I think the problem is the WE cant find the textures used for thrall so it errors when i click him.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Do you know if your specs meet with the min required with wc?

WINDOWS XP; 400Mhz Pentium II or equivalent • 128 MB of RAM • 8MB 3D video card(TNT, i910, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX 8.1 support • 550MB HD Space (In addition to your Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos installation) • 4x CD-ROM drive

If you can't tell, post your specs here. If you don't know how, google it.

If you have valid specs, I'll give you the eternal "reinstall" answer.

Level 13
Yes it is sir only thrall,the nightelf archer and turen chieftain this is the file for thrall when it errors
File: Units\orc\thrall.blp

For tauren chieftain
File: Units\orc\herotaurenchieftainCIN\herotaurenchieftainCIN.Mdx

For the nightelf archer
File: Units\nightelf\archer\archer.Mdx

When i click these units in the unit palette or whenever im putting them in the field it errors and but they have diff.file.

And for some reasons i cant used some models ive dowloaded i already follow the right path but when i used them it errors. Example the vrykul wolf rider when i used it the same error happens to thrall.

As for the specs well i can play warcraft 3 smoothly so maybe i have the proper requirements. The error only happens in WE but nothing happens when i used those three units while im playing.

Level 13
Nope they standard models it is,one thing puzzles me when i click the tauren chieftain in the melee section unit palette no error occur but when i click the tauren chietain in the campaign section it errors now thats something fishy. Maybe theres something wrong in the mpq their files are corrupted? For thrall its the blp so its a skn? For the nightelf archer and tauren chieftain mdx so their models are missing i guess or the their paths are wrong?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

how bout listening to my answer?

Level 13
I think Im gonna fix this tomorrow morning could be something a path that needed to be corrected in WE settings or maybe not, this really hard fixing a problem that idk. Btw is there any tool to open the mpq in warcraft 3 folder and can i change some things inside there, like some files needed to be done correctly all i knew is that inside of it are skin am I right. Oh i just found out that when i import the Vrykul wolf rider,Troll ravager and hero prince goblin and used them the same error occurs when i click thrall,could be that those 3 models that i downloaded uses some of thralls skin and that is why they have the same errors together?

Level 13
Now another problem occur, I dont know how to install or reinstall. Hahaha im really stupid right? My head hurts actually trying to fix this, Ill try tomorrow morning my eyes and brain are tired need to get some rest. Gudnyt guys tnx for the help.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's at the control panel. Find the uninstall programs - tool and use it. Install it with the DVD.

I have the same situation before ;) but it's not thrall.blp. This way may help (I'm not sure).

Open MPQ master and open file war3.MPQ, follow the path: Units/Orc/Thrall, from here, you will see texture: Thrall.blp, replace with my texture attachment.

Hope this help!.

And I'm truly sorry if this won't help too >_^.

Just test Thrall unit first to check if this work or not!.

Attachments

• Thrall.blp
    138 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.