• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A New Power In Lordaeron

A New Power in Lordaeron
Created by Blizzzard Entertainment. Edited by Pyraeus.

Description

Screenshots

Other

[TD]
A New Power in Lordaeron The next day, on the outskirts of Lordaeron's Capital City, Sylvanas and her allies prepare to lay siege to Balnazzar's formidable defenses.

Features:
  • /AForce and /AVision Command (Use in Game)
  • New Armies
  • New Units
  • New Triggers
  • 2 Extra Goldmines
  • Improved Terrain
  • New Blizzard AI
  • A New Quest

Changelog:
All Updates
  • V.2.4 - Added /AForce and a /AVision Command. Created a new quests for players to do.
  • V.2.3 - The East Green Undead Base has been re-modified. Purple units will no longer hopefully get stuck there to all mappers. Added icons for riflemen, knights, and footman. Fixed the heroes spell buttons.
  • V.2.2 - Raven's Edge Clan will spawn every 400 seconds now, new AI and Undead armies added, New Quest, and much easier Gameplay. Removed 3 player map, making a new one, and map preview showing up now.
  • V.2.1 - Sylvanas can no longer drop the Lament of the Highborne and a link for a 3 player version of this map added.
  • V.2.0 - Demolisher will now stop spawning after the specific portal he spawns from is destroyed.
  • V.1.9 - Fixed the tool tip of the Gargoyle Spire.
  • V.1.8 - Added a new map preview.
  • V.1.7 - New Terrain improved and game objects for the terrain improved as well.
  • V.1.6 - Improved difficulty.
  • Updated the Loading Screen to be a custom 3D one of Lordaeron.
  • V.1.5 - Raven's Edge Clan Gold Mine has now increased gold.
  • V.1.4 - Raven's Edge Clan will also attack sometimes with a Demolisher and their force will not just attack one base, but every enemy base they can find. Including the enemy heroes.
  • V.1.4 -The human towers, which originally had large armor in the original Blizzard map, which are "Arcane Tower" and the "Guard Tower", now have fortified armor.
  • V.1.3 -Walls added in the Alliance and Forsaken base. The bases are more defended now, but at the same time vulnerable.
  • V.1.2 -Lordaeron stairways are made and the lower bases are connected now.
  • V.1.1 - The enemy hero re-spawn trigger is fixed.

I uploaded the map and many people wanted it more difficult. I pleased the wishes of both admins and my testers. I added and changed something for the testers while the description I updated to be more understandable and in order. Hope you like it. Enjoy.
This map is originally made by Blizzard Entertainment for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne's Scourge Campaign. The map is called "A New Power In Lordaeron", which is Chapter Six in the Scourge Campaign. The map was edited by me so two players could play, but not just that. It's more just then just that. The map's difficulty selection has been removed and the map has been made to be challenging for anyone who plays it with another. Also added a bonus. Same map, but with 3 PLAYERS now. Look below for more information. The map is highly updated and features the battle from the original Legacy of the Scourge Campaign. The battle between Garithos' Alliance and Sylvanas' Forsaken versus Balnazzar's forces. Features 2 player and 3 player mode.

BONUS MAP - Coming soon.

Description of the Player's Armies - The two player armies are "The Forsaken" of Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, and "The Alliance" of Lord Othmar Garithos. Each sides has two heroes, which means that one new one has been added, including sounds for that very specific new hero. The new hero is at the side of the Alliance and is a undead, not a human. The Undead's Altar of Darkness building has been modified into a "Gargoyle Spire" and many skins of the undead has been changed. They look more "undeadish" then before. Unlike in Blizzard's version, the Alliance have new models and skins. Their Knights can Esnare enemy units. Also the Alliance can build the Arcane Sanctum, which has got Priests, Sorceress', and Spell Breakers to train unlike in the original map. All these units are human, which replaced the Blood Elves who Garithos banished. When rescuing the Dwarves of Ironforge, the player also unlocks the Gryphon Aviary in which she/he can train Gryphon Riders, which wasn't possible in the original version.

Description of Balnazzar's Servants - The Undead Forces of Balnazzar have been reinforced in this map. Their bases have a really good defense and their enemy attacking heroes have been modified. Two undead heroes were also added to attack the player's bases, which means 5 undead heroes will attack the player's bases. Every hero of the enemy is level 15 and made to fight you as long as it takes. They won't go down easily, I assure you of that. Custom Heroes for the enemy have been made as well to make it harder to destroy the enemy. At least 4 - 5 enemy heroes protecting each enemy base, which put up a really good fight. The enemy heroes have got better skins, while some didn't get new ones at all.

The Scarlet Crusade slays all who stand in their way and are allied with no one. The Scarlet Crusade's mission is to purge the land of the infected ones, which carry the undead plague. The Scarlet Crusade has finally begun their crusade, but even against the living. Why? They are convinced that those who are outside of their order are plagued, including the forces of the vile Alliance. Although their primary concern is to wipe out Balnazzar's forces and the Forsaken. They also lay heavy siege to the Alliance who allied them selves with the Forsaken them selves. The Scarlet Crusade has established a base to the north east regions of Lordaeron, thus send their forces from the north to lay siege to anyone who stand in their way. Lead by Lord Shikashi and his champions, Tuffnut and Ruffnut. The Scarlet Crusade plans to wipe those they think are plagued. Now seeing that the Alliance has allied them selves with the Forsaken. They are convinced that the Alliance are, indeed, plagued.

The Raven's Edge Clan have appeared and allied them selves with Balnazzar's forces. Not Fel, Chaos, or anything of a sort. They are "Dark Fel Orcs". Trained to be destroyers. They lay siege to all who stand in their way and in Balnazzar's way. The Raven's Edge Clan have established settlements within the Capital City Ruins of Lordaeron and protect the valuable treasure they found within the Ruined City. Their Champions are the most brutal of them all and will not stop at anything to kill you.

Custom Lore:

The Raven's Edge Clan was a brutal clan on Draenor. The most powerful and the best organized. They feared no one and were more intellectual then any clan. They were lead by their mysterious leader they called "The Raven" and they were her servants. The Orcs called them selves her weapon's edge, which is why they named them selves the "Raven's Edge Clan". The Raven's Edge Clan was responsible for the beginning of all the clans on Draenor and they brought glory to them in many battles with the axe called "Raven's Edge". The Orcish Clans suspected the Raven's Edge Clan weren't lead by an orc, but someone appearing as one. The Clan was formed since the beginning of the everything in the universe and for that were suspected in more by the clans. However, in one day and one night, the Raven's Edge Clan mysteriously vanished from Draenor. Their homes, their kind, their ways, and everything else just vanished mysteriously, but one thing remained. The very axe their leader carried into battle: "The Raven's Edge". Shortly after their mysterious disappearance, new orcish clans began to rise and new orcish civilization arose, thus replacing the old orcish traditions. The Raven's Edge Clan remained in the orc's legends and mythology. No one knows why they suddenly vanished that day, or how, and why they left their chieftain's axe behind. However, maybe one day that story will be discovered.

Credits - The credits go to Blizzard Entertainment for making the map in the first place and all that, duh!
Edited, made for two players, and everything else - Pyraeus.
Model/Skins - The Hive Workshop, Blizzard Entertainment, WC3C.net.
Testers - Gerwas, Forsaken, and Pyraeus
3D Art Loading Screen of Lordaeron by ~deviantinchaos - http://deviantinchaos.deviantart.com/
Mr. SonOfJay for learning me to create a well map description like his own.

[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain2.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain3.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain4.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain5.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain6.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain7.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain8.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain9.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain10.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain11.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain12.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain13.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
War3_CSANPILTerrain14.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[tab=Other]

Keywords:
Campaign, Two Player, 2P, 2 Player, 3 Player, 3P.[/tab]
Contents

A New Power In Lordaeron (Map)

Reviews
21:54, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: a nice come back for that campaign map that tells the story of Sylvanas taking a huge siege against Balnazzar, although not much changed with the melee statistics of the game, just changed models and skins of some units...

M

21:54, 2nd Apr 2013
Orcnet: a nice come back for that campaign map that tells the story of Sylvanas taking a huge siege against Balnazzar, although not much changed with the melee statistics of the game, just changed models and skins of some units and giving the map with so much enemies seems fine, anyways map approved

Level 22
well, the map is really good :D

Sugestion

-but about the tower is so strong and kill many warrior because the caos'attack(perhaps only 1k of HP is good ) and some hero is so powerfull

-about one "bug" lets say when destroy the orange base, the orcs stop, but sometimes come the hero crypt lord and kill the base if have there.

-i think the orange base and green base can be like a bridge between them

-in the human base can have the wall like in the forsaken base.

-some undead heros, doesn't appear like undead and can't use the holy light them.

-perhaps the Scarlet Crusade can be a player and be more full.

But the maps is cool, for win the map i need use 3 hours and 27 minutes of game until kill all undead bases ! 4/5 + rep :D

Level 11
well, the map is really good :D

Sugestion

-but about the tower is so strong and kill many warrior because the caos'attack(perhaps only 1k of HP is good ) and some hero is so powerfull

-about one "bug" lets say when destroy the orange base, the orcs stop, but sometimes come the hero crypt lord and kill the base if have there.

-i think the orange base and green base can be like a bridge between them

-in the human base can have the wall like in the forsaken base.

-some undead heros, doesn't appear like undead and can't use the holy light them.

-perhaps the Scarlet Crusade can be a player and be more full.

But the maps is cool, for win the map i need use 3 hours and 27 minutes of game until kill all undead bases ! 4/5 + rep :D

-Thank you for the feedback. I will explain why I decided to leave the towers to be strong. I tested my own map multiple times with another player and we both realized how easy it was to infiltrate and destroy Balnazzar's forces. The Towers have many HP, due to the fact that we want to make sure it's one hell of a battle. 1000 HP was easy for it to go down. So we put 2000.

-I am totally unaware of the orange base Crypt Hero spawning. Perhaps I screwed up something there. I shall take a quick look into it.

-That is a really nice suggestion. I will think about it.

-Those walls in the Forsaken Base are big and require some space, which in the human base is kinda too big, but it's possible to be added. I'll see if I'm going to do it, because I wish for the terrain to same kind of the same like Blizzard made it.

-Ah, it's an item. Doesn't bother me much. xD

-The Scarlet Crusade? You mean to be allied with the Alliance and the Forsaken? I think they wouldn't like that, but another army to ally with them is possible. Maybe I will release a version where three players can play, but I got to stick to the lore for that idea. So, I will need to think of an army which was there and at that very time, thus I must think off the sole purpose of why they allied them selves with humans and undeads versus Balnazzar.

Level 22
-The Scarlet Crusade? You mean to be allied with the Alliance and the Forsaken? I think they wouldn't like that, but another army to ally with them is possible. Maybe I will release a version where three players can play, but I got to stick to the lore for that idea. So, I will need to think of an army which was there and at that very time, thus I must think off the sole purpose of why they allied them selves with humans and undeads versus Balnazzar.

yes, and about the lore the scarlet crudade only is created after the forsaken is created( after this battle) if you don't want put the scarlet the silver hand is cool or perhaps some high elves that remains in the lordaeron's garden :D

Level 11
yes, and about the lore the scarlet crudade only is created after the forsaken is created( after this battle) if you don't want put the scarlet the silver hand is cool or perhaps some high elves that remains in the lordaeron's garden :D
That isn't confirmed when the Scarlet Crusade was formed. All it said was after the destruction Arthas left. Then the Scarlet Crusade was formed. It's unknown if they were formed after or before the battle, :p. As for the High Elves. Um... Garithos is racist? And if Balnazzar would take over whole of Lordaeron. Why the hell would he leave the elves back in his garden? Wouldn't make sense. XD

Level 22
That isn't confirmed when the Scarlet Crusade was formed. All it said was after the destruction Arthas left. Then the Scarlet Crusade was formed. It's unknown if they were formed after or before the battle, :p. As for the High Elves. Um... Garithos is racist? And if Balnazzar would take over whole of Lordaeron. Why the hell would he leave the elves back in his garden? Wouldn't make sense. XD

Yes this is true, but in the campaign still have some high elves and perhaps they can stay with Sylvanas, like you put the fel orc haha'

Obs: I forget told about the human tower, is better put them armor to fortificaded.

Level 11
Yes this is true, but in the campaign still have some high elves and perhaps they can stay with Sylvanas, like you put the fel orc haha'

Obs: I forget told about the human tower, is better put them armor to fortificaded.
I'll leave the Human towers as Blizzard made them. They put it for a reason. Balnazzar summons demons and other servants from demon areas. Unfortunately some orcs are from those area even today in Warcraft lore. So the orcs can be there through a portal. XD

Level 22
I'll leave the Human towers as Blizzard made them. They put it for a reason. Balnazzar summons demons and other servants from demon areas. Unfortunately some orcs are from those area even today in Warcraft lore. So the orcs can be there through a portal. XD

blizzard made the tower with fortificaded armor only change because was add + 1 tower, the arcane tower, and i think better remove them, they are elf tower and put the other 2 towers fortificaded.

Level 11
blizzard made the tower with fortificaded armor only change because was add + 1 tower, the arcane tower, and i think better remove them, they are elf tower and put the other 2 towers fortificaded.
The Arcane Towers are also from Dalaran and were already in the game in the original map. However, the cannon tower wasn't, which I added, but if it bothers you so much. I will change the armor of the Guard Tower to "fortified". xD.

Level 22
The Arcane Towers are also from Dalaran and were already in the game in the original map. However, the cannon tower wasn't, which I added, but if it bothers you so much. I will change the armor of the Guard Tower to "fortified". xD.

very cool, i finish play now and i see that catapult still is summon after the portal close :x

Level 11
I don't have anything for suggestions, but, the Scarlet crusade wouldn't be working for the undead, for they came to lordearon to exterminate the remaining mindless undead after prince arthur left.
They're not working with the undead. They are destroying anything in their way. They're against everyone and thank you for the comments, thus thanks for testing.

EDIT - Screwed BBC Codes fixed. Also can someone tell me how my custom minimap thing can show when I upload or update my map. I can't seem to find out. xD

EDIT 2 - NVM about the last edit thing. I hope someone replies and gives feedback.

Last edited:
Level 22
Hello :)
this updated is very cool and better, equilibrate, i only this that u need remove this ladder(stairs), because when the player will attack there all the purple'forces advencing therer and ruined the attack, and if try again the sama thing happen :/

about the icon of the footman and knight you can use this:
Footman
Knight(this is the current footman)
and the rifleman need a icon too,but i don't find anything useful for the skin :/

Attachments

• hive.png
    hive.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,629
Level 11
Hello :)
this updated is very cool and better, equilibrate, i only this that u need remove this ladder(stairs), because when the player will attack there all the purple'forces advencing therer and ruined the attack, and if try again the sama thing happen :/

about the icon of the footman and knight you can use this:
Footman
Knight(this is the current footman)
and the rifleman need a icon too,but i don't find anything useful for the skin :/
Alright, thank you. I will update it as soon as I can. You're right about those damn stairs. XD

EDIT: New version already out.

Last edited:
Level 4
This is a really nice map, but it would make sense if you'd add more detail to how that demoin knight is there and how the Scarlet Crusade is not an ally with the alliance of Garithos, it would also make sense where the fel orcs came from, it would be nice to see how the the scarlet vrusade and the fell orcs are there exactly, it's also AI right, so you control one base wile the other is controlled by the computer, so the base that's controlled by the AI will attack the enemy

anyway i would give this map a 9/10, for design, the map and the support units in garithos' army, and items in each hero,

Level 60
Maybe you can add an additional cutscene between the Scarlet Crusade and Garithos' forces?

Some bugs:
When I charmed one of the Scarlet Workers, I found out that they have Varimathras' Inferno ability. The turrets of the Dwarven Siege Engine are also firing while walking. The Knight still benefits from Animal War Training even though he is no longer on a horse.

Anyways, here's a version with AI. If you set either player to be played by a computer, it can function as if it were in a Melee Map. The Alliance AI adapts to the addition of Dwarf thanks to some triggers I added.

NOTE: If the Alliance AI gets "stuck", have either Garithos ,the other hero, or both die so that the AI can "reset". This is useful especially after rescuing the Dwarves.

Attachments

• A New Power In Lordaeron.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 142
Last edited: