• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A New Forum Section

Do you think we shall have a Terrain Section under the forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I think we don't have enough GOOD terrainers here for such a forum. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the mods that would like to see a terrain forum (especially filled with nice terrain screenshots), but most mods are of the opinion that map-forum is enough. For tutorials and so, I usually visited worldedit.com (don't remember the correct url). Sadly, that site is offline now.

Level 3
I'd be happy to see a terrain forum because posting terrain screenshots in the map forum doesn't feel right, and you really can't get enough or any comments. Even if you do get a comment it's completly useless, like, "good job!" A terrain forum would hopefully encourage helpful comments. With the collapse of Wc3Campaigns it has been really hard to find a forum that you can get good critism of terrain, this forum has a large enough userbase and should be able to support a terrain forum. Anyways, what's the worse that could happen (besides flame wars =P), perhapes just give it a few week trial period and see what happens.

If the terrain forum does well you would be able to attract more members, overall there really doesn't seem to be very few downsides. The Pro's heavily outweigh the Con's

By the way DarkShadow it was worldedit.co.uk, I used to be a Super Moderator there, until it closed that is...

Level 3
This is an entire differant thing, with triggers falling under the map section you are asking questions about triggers. However, the terraining section is for showing off terrain and also perhapes asking questions about terrain. With triggers in the map section you are rarely asking someone to look at them and tell you what they think, with terraining you are.

Level 7
I dunno, I still think it should just fall under the map section. I was basically saying that it seems that most stuff that you do in the editor is under the Maps section, so it stands to reason terrain would as well (Spells are the sole exception I could find to this, and JASS kinda is, but not really).

Level 7
Terrain? Ths is ridiculous! Lemme tel u somethin which is better 1-Keep taking Help from ppl without learning how 2 terrain even! 2-LEARN how 2 Terrain & design a cool thing out there!!!
Al of u ppl were beginners in the editor! My 1st Terrain ever was a 64 x 64 Barrens Terrain! It looked ridiculous but i improved & started making better ones! Of course not I vote "No" because ppl should learn terraining themselves!

Level 13
Doodi said:
Of course not I vote "No" because ppl should learn terraining themselves!

The whole site is about HELPING, not do-it-yourself all along. A terraining forum is not simply a "how-do-I-learn-how-to-terrain"-forum, it's so people can present their work. Professional terraining is about taking WE to its limits, most professional terrains are no playable maps. Till now, I didn't see ONE professional terrain here (except the CotD-cinematics). Visitors of worldedit.co.uk should know what I'm talking about.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
DarkShadow said:
The whole site is about HELPING, not do-it-yourself all along. A terraining forum is not simply a "how-do-I-learn-how-to-terrain"-forum, it's so people can present their work. Professional terraining is about taking WE to its limits, most professional terrains are no playable maps. Till now, I didn't see ONE professional terrain here (except the CotD-cinematics). Visitors of worldedit.co.uk should know what I'm talking about.

I've told him that already in other topics but he always has an answer -_-

-Rui

Level 7
Rui said:
DarkShadow said:

I've told him that already in other topics but he always has an answer -_-

-Rui

Rui, u didnt mension helping, u mensioned flamming plus i wasnt flamming!!! From the 1st Day u kept saying a little bit stupid comments about me (No flamming Happy? :? ) If u dont like my way of talking, thats a special way i use when im angry everybody which is angry does that eh :wink: ? no need 2 lie! Plus What DarkShadow said is right but my point is that some ppl keep depending on others 2 do jobs!!! I mean ok little help is right but not all the time!!! :p

Level 11
Rui, it is correct that Doodi shouldn't flame but lately, you've kinda exaggerated. You think people flame even if they don't, you misundertand things and make accusations. And the same thing goes for the offtopic stuff.

This time I haven't taken Doodi's post as flaming. He tends to be a little spammish and posting useless posts here and there (it doesn't apply to this post though) but it doesn't give you any right to accuse him uselessly.

Conclusions:
- Doodi, try to post only if you think that the post is of some use, and that it has some importance (even small as it is).
- Rui, don't be so harsh and think twice before accusing somebody of something.

That is all!

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Rui, it is correct that Doodi shouldn't flame but lately, you've kinda exaggerated. You think people flame even if they don't, you misundertand things and make accusations. And the same thing goes for the offtopic stuff.

This time I haven't taken Doodi's post as flaming. He tends to be a little spammish and posting useless posts here and there (it doesn't apply to this post though) but it doesn't give you any right to accuse him uselessly.

Conclusions:
- Doodi, try to post only if you think that the post is of some use, and that it has some importance (even small as it is).
- Rui, don't be so harsh and think twice before accusing somebody of something.

That is all!

~Daelin

:cry: Im very sorry, I joined in august & kept posting crap because im new! I was little happy cause its my 1st Forum ever & my 1st topics ever I erally promise that ill stop Spamming & Posting Crap. sorry Again!

-- Back To Topic I guess no need 2 go off topic --

Level 3
Afronight_76 said:
maybe we could have sub-forums like how wc3c used to have.
phpbb doesn't support sub-forums, there is a mod that can add it but it's a pain to add, takes awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.