• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A model WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I have recovered from my illness (hopefully) and Im on a 2 weeks holiday so I planned to spend my time to create a model for fun.

As usual, my model will have a weird concept which I dont expect most people to like it. But whatever, thought I wanna share my progress with you guys.

My last model (Blackpyro Tyrant) had custom mesh, custom animations and uses ingame textures. So this time I'd like to try to go to the next level, which the next model will be using custom mesh, anims AND textures.

attachment.php

Right now I have almost finished the mask part.

I doubt Im able to finish the whole model during the holiday though since Im a slow worker.

Attachments

• prev.jpg
    prev.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 317
I'm guessing your making some kind of ice-based model?
Just because it's blue doesnt mean it's ice ;)

It would be even more beautiful once it's finished!

I can't wait man. I just can't wait.
uhhh... Im not sure about that..

-----------------
Bringing you the current progress (yes its not much of a progress due to me spend more time on games)
attachment.php

Attachments

• prev2.jpg
    prev2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 272
Level 20
Just because it's blue doesnt mean it's ice ;)

uhhh... Im not sure about that..

-----------------
Bringing you the current progress (yes its not much of a progress due to me spend more time on games)
attachment.php

Looking good :)

I like the view from the 180 degrees, and of course the front view of the mask. I also like how you darkened it, and I see you added some textures to it. (I'm not much of a modeler so I don't have much of a handle of what 'textures' mean in this context)

@Ugougo; what is the mask for? What/who is going to wear it?

Level 30
I submit any of my models that I see worth being approved. :)

------------------------------------

The head is done. Ill just need to add the eyes.
The weird flat thing on the first picture is a shoulder pads in progress.
attachment.php

So, this will come on two attachments? Mask and Shoulder Pads? Or not? But overall, this looks good and well-made. Looking forard to the finished product of this!

Hell_Master, its not an attachment, its a unit. ;)

--------------------------------------------
Daily progress. Its not much, but the shoulderpads gave me quite a hard time just to get it right.

It might take some time before the next update because i need to prepare the chest part.

If anyone is wondering, the Necron from FF9 actually gave me the idea of this model.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 157
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 153
Level 30
Hell_Master, its not an attachment, its a unit. ;)

--------------------------------------------
Daily progress. Its not much, but the shoulderpads gave me quite a hard time just to get it right.

It might take some time before the next update because i need to prepare the chest part.

If anyone is wondering, the Necron from FF9 actually gave me the idea of this model.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh what!? So that means you have many still to do because its just the shoulderpad and the mask.

Good luck on it. Will be looking foreward to the finished product.

The model uses custom texture, lol
The helmet is meant to be that thin, its a concept after all :)

Next update:
I know its slow, but its due to school nearing which slowly taking my motivation away
attachment.php
attachment.php

Currently having 605 polies. The fingers seem to be taking a lot of polies.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 81
Hell_Master: Thank you.

MasterTrainer: Effects surrounding the model would totally distract people from seeing its appearance. But perhaps I'll add some effects on certain body parts, we'll see.

Zyne:
It will be using custom animations. I have mentioned this in the first post. One of the reason most of my unit models uses custom animations is because I have no idea how to transfer animations (and they are starting to become overused).

Status
Not open for further replies.