• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A max on custom models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I don't know, really. I'm putting a lot of custom models in my map (over 30), and it's not like the file size is just really huge or anything (about 2,700 kb), but only 11 of them show up. Now, I know how to import models correctly, I've imported dozens before, and I have all the files for every model, so I don't get it.

Anyone else had this problem and/or know why it happens AND/OR have a solution?

Level 22
When importing that many models, you have to be careful about uploading attachment/effects files or other small files with overlapping names. Some models simply don`t work, keep that in mind as well. Double check all the files apths, too, even if it means converting stuff to .mdl and checking there skin paths there.
-VGsatomi

Level 16
So the import manager reads half of the files as 0 kb? It happened to me, and what sucked was I was importing Killst4r's models (like 5 skins for each one). Either something screwed up the models like what I told you, or you imported the models wrong. This happens with Darky's dynamite model, which sometimes loses its view, and you must change the path again

Level 8
I used to have that problem back in the days of RoC, because Blizzard-made .w3m's were capped at a certain limit (something like 40, if memory serves) of total files in the .w3m. There were, I think, 24 files to begin with, so there was very little room for adding new things in.

It could be defeated by making your own .mpq with WinMPQ and overwriting the map ID information with a hex editor, but I digress. I doubt this will specifically help you; I've never had any problems importing any number of things in TFT with the Import Editor. I've also never had a map stuff accepting files due to filesize, although you certainly can't host a map of over 4mb on b.net anyway.

Level 6
Well, I know about the skins with the same names, you only need one of each of them. But the thing is, one building that uses some of the same skins as several others shows up, but that's it. Also, I am using many of KillSt4r's models, but they're not showing up as 0 kb, so that's fine. I've doublechecked all the files paths, triple checked most, compared them to the paths shown in the download section, done all that, so the paths are fine. As for what you digress there, Panto, I doubt I could do that if I tried. I'm good with making maps, not editing data and whatnot :roll:.

Status
Not open for further replies.