• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I transfer imported files from one map to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was working on a map, and I've made use of over 50 imported files including buttons, units models, and skins. I was wondering how can I tranfer these files from one map to another without having to reimport and renaming the path of everything. I know how to save the custrom data list, but is there a way to safe a custom imported file list. I was able to transfer the files by opening the map as a MPQ file and taking out certin files within this map and draggin it into the MPQ of another map. but this caused slight problems since i do not really know which of the 20 or so files within the map MPQ is actually the imported list of files i've used. If someone would offer me some help, i would greatly appreciate it.

PS: When taking the files out of the map MPQ, some of the custom files had to be REIMPORTED since the map did not register it being there even though it was in the map's imported files. Any idea on why this is?

Level 2
Well, that I know. But exporting them and reimporting them in another map does NOT save their custom path. When I import some files, i had to rename their paths (especically most models) or else they dont work. If I just reimport the files, I will have to rename all the custom paths. I was wondering if their is a way to just transfer the entire bulk of the custom file data from one map to another without having to extract the i.w3o file out and putting it into another maps MPQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.