• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A lord of the Rings Movie... Some testers, and some helpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
alright, i made a cinematic map called " Prelude - The Lord of the Rings "

and to my disappointment, it got bad reviews,

so im trying to make it better.

I need some people to help me with it.
i need someone to help with with a few triggers, for fight scenes etc..

and i also need testers for it.

I have been heavily constructing it in the past month. Progress is great, but i need people to critisize etc.

There arn't any credits in it yet, but ill add them

----- For those who have seen this, you would have noticed that in scene 3 ( when the group is in moria) that there are a multitude of problems. For one thing, the Orcs arn't supposed to come that early in the scene, and another thing is that the camera is supposed to zoom in on ARagorn when he iz about to kill the second ORC, and lastly, Gandalf is supposed to telport in front of the ORc, and kill him. But that doesn't seem to happen. There are way more problems than that... so please :p help me out here.

I wanted this movie to be awsome so...
Here are som INGAME Picture of the Movie, and there is the MOVIE ( Beta, under heavy construction.)

Attachments

• LOTR - Intro.jpg
    LOTR - Intro.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 142
  • LOTR - Scene 1.jpg
    LOTR - Scene 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 162
  • LOTR - Scene 2.jpg
    LOTR - Scene 2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 211
  • LOTR - Scene 3.jpg
    LOTR - Scene 3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 147
  • LOTR - Scene 5.jpg
    LOTR - Scene 5.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Prelude - The Lord of the Rings.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
Level 6
last pic, "I will not let you hurt the fellowship" wtf? he never said that!

he said something like this:
Gandalf: You cannot pass!

Gandalf: I am the servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of arnor!

Gandalf: Argh!

Gandalf: You cannot pass!

(Fail Balrog moves out on bridge and falls down)

Gandalf: Fly you fools.

Frodo: Nooo!!!

(Aragorn stands waiting)

Boromir: Aragorn...... Aragorn....

(They run out and gandy fight balrog to the water)

yeah, i saw it a week ago or so :p

also gandalf did not wanna go to the mines in the first place+he first said that inside moria.

Level 6
and to my disappointment, it got bad reviews,

so im trying to make it better.

I don't think inventing dialogue will get you any better reviews.

And in addition, who wants to see a cinematic based off a movie? I would say base it off the book, you can probably get it for cheap at any store.

Level 18
hehe you all hav good points...

thing is that about the exact words, i don't remember the exact words... but thankz ill definetly use those words XXnoobs :)

Oh and ermm doing the balrog on the bridge and him falling is pretty hard to doo ( trigger wise and terrain wise etc..) because ... well because.

and i dont plan to do this on another book cause it waz a pain in the ass to make the stupid terrain and triggers for thizz : /

i mean it would be interesting... so i may consider it..

bUt i still need more help :D Help me out :D

Level 10
Has its good and bad points. You guys forgot to mention the part were Gandalf says "You shall not pass!" I have sence and repeated that line so many times, I have memorized that one scene.
"Gandalf: You shall not pass!

(Fail Balrog moves out on bridge and falls down)

Gandalf: Fly you fools...."
Map has potential, yet dialouge is iffy. Hope to see more in later versions.

Level 6
Well, because the movie was based on the book it obviously has its similarities. Peter Jackson didn't really butcher it at all. And if you were to buy the book it would definately solve your dialogue problem.

Level 14
The intro wasnt bad. There were also a few things you need to fix that were stated above (Like the orcs coming to soon) Also, the place where the orcs and the gave trolls attacked them wasnt a Well Room, it was a Tomb.

~Asomath

Level 18
i know,

if u look in the World Editor, you'll see that the Tomb ( 23rd hall ) is already set up terrain wise ( top right corner )

thatz where i waz going to put in the 4th scene. the troll attack and stuff.
but ya

i had alot of trouble with the 3rd scene, trigger wise.
I dont know how to properly run unit animations at the right time with the cameras to at least make it look cool :/

anyone good at trigger work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.