• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A LAN-version

Do you want a Lan-version

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I thinked about for some time. What about making a LAN (Local Area Network)-version, Including everything there not have been used in the map before because of the size of the map. I, and surely some other persons, would gladly use it.
It could be very nice to have an higher-level map in a Lan-version than all the other bad maps.

Level 8
The download rate is bigger on LAN, then there is only one person who is going to dl i from here and then he can use it on LAN.
The difference should be all those thing you and Bloodletter not have used in the normal version 'cos of the map would take to long time to dl like music, maybe new races etc.

Level 12
Get some experiance with the editor first Nisse, I highly recomend it. A WC3 map must be smaller than 6Mb to be playable, anything larger than that will not work at all, not just from a loading perspective but I mean litterally will not boot up at all. I understand what you are meaning, but realize that music is out of the question with the excpetion of maybe a few sound bytes for words and such.

Level 21
there is a ways to make music very small. if anyone wants it i have a 40 second sound of the guitar solo at the start of guns and roses - sweet child of mine. it is only about 300k and so would be useful and not to huge. i was going to use it on my map before i abandoned the project(not indefinatly). if anyone wants it tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.