• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A general Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, I fully understand that a skin is a 2d representation of what is wrapped around the 3d model to create any unit. But my question is: Does anyone know how the model decides what parts of the picture/skin to place where (How does it know to place the image of the head on the model's head etc.) Is the process used by the model in choosing skins encrypted in some "Secret Blizzard Code" or is there a way that I could change the selections. If anyone knows anything about the selection process and/or how to change it please respond. Thanks for all the help.

Level 2
Thanks man, that is what I thaught, i figured the model stored it some how ... I just did not know there was a program that could access it. I am assuming that is a program of some sort. I will give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.