• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey im new to making skins and I had a few questions.... Well im currently using Adobe photo shop to edit the 2d pictures... However the 2d pictures look strange and the head in one spot the wings in another. I know it supposed to be like that but how does it decide what goes where? What if i wanted to add wings to a grunt? how would i do that without making the wings 2d on its back? last may seem stupid but what the difference between a skin and a model? is a model like the entire creature and a skin just... the skin of it? how do i creat the entire model? ok well if someone could help me out with these questions i would be very happy. Thanks :roll:

Level 3
models are the 3D objects that have skins (the 2d pictures you edit) put on top of the surfaces of the 3d object (model)

the only way to put wings on a grunt by skinning is to have flat wings drawn on it's back (crappy)

you can make a grunt model, and add wings to that model, but it isnt a grunt model if you've done this.

pretend humans are just skin and bones, no organs or muscles or anything (yes i know skin is an organ, but forget that for now).

skeleton = model
skin = skin

you can't make models with photoshop, you need 3 dimensional software for modeling.

Level 3
oh yeah and...

ok i was trying to give demon hunter to bows instead of his swords. but the sword shows up in white in back of the arrow. is there anyway wit adobe photo shop i can get rid of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.