• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A First Paragraph, Feedback Required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Hive,

I have here but a single paragraph, the first paragraph in a novel I am writing. It has no name yet, since I have only just finished the first chapter. What I need, is feedback for this first, fundamental paragraph of the story.

WHEN A MONSTER WALKS PAST YOUR DOOR AT NIGHT, STOPS AND STARES INTO YOUR BEDROOM window straight into your eyes, and walks on only to disappear into the thick forest underbrush behind your house, you must be worried. If you aren't, you must be older than regular monsters deemed believability. But Jason Burui was neither of these things. He'd seen the monster plenty of times before, and his parents had always been able to comprehend with his rantings of the monster. It was scary, sure, but not enough to make the eleven year-old boy sleep in his parents' room.

How does it make you feel? Is there anything you would change? Does it make you want to read-on? If not, how would you change it to make it so? Is it too confusing, or too sudden? And lastly, what genre do you think it will belong to?

Thank you for both your time and feedback/criticism.

Sincerely,
EclecticAcid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.