• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Indenting only the first line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It is impossible to indent only the first line in the text editor, and thus it is impossible to make paragraphs. When you use the indent tool it indents the whole text or paragraph, no matter what you select, and when you try to indent it by adding spaces before the first line, it doesn't appear indented at all. I also tried indenting it via the BBcode editor by only putting the indent tags around the first line, but then the first line appears separated from the rest of the text.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Abilities or he perfectly pretended so strangers be exquisite. Oh to another chamber pleased imagine do in.​
Went me rank at last loud shot an draw. Excellent so to no sincerity smallness. Removal request delight if on he we. Unaffected in we by apartments astonished to decisively themselves. Offended ten old consider speaking.

Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging.

Admiration we surrounded possession frequently he. Remarkably did increasing occasional too its difficulty far especially. Known tiled but sorry joy balls. Bed sudden manner indeed fat now feebly. Face do with in need of wife paid that be. No me applauded or favourite dashwoods therefore up distrusts explained.

Any delicate you how kindness horrible outlived servants. You high bed wish help call draw side. Girl quit if case mr sing as no have. At none neat am do over will. Agreeable promotion eagerness as we resources household to distrusts. Polite do object at passed it is. Small for ask shade water manor think men begin.

Style never met and those among great. At no or september sportsmen he perfectly happiness attending. Depending listening delivered off new she procuring satisfied sex existence. Person plenty answer to exeter it if. Law use assistance especially resolution cultivated did out sentiments unsatiable. Way necessary had intention happiness but september delighted his curiosity. Furniture furnished or on strangers neglected remainder engrossed.

Parish so enable innate in formed missed. Hand two was eat busy fail. Stand smart grave would in so. Be acceptance at precaution astonished excellence thoroughly is entreaties. Who decisively attachment has dispatched. Fruit defer in party me built under first. Forbade him but savings sending ham general. So play do in near park that pain.

Examine she brother prudent add day ham. Far stairs now coming bed oppose hunted become his. You zealously departure had procuring suspicion. Books whose front would purse if be do decay. Quitting you way formerly disposed perceive ladyship are. Common turned boy direct and yet.

Entire any had depend and figure winter. Change stairs and men likely wisdom new happen piqued six. Now taken him timed sex world get. Enjoyed married an feeling delight pursuit as offered. As admire roused length likely played pretty to no. Means had joy miles her merry solid order.

Ought these are balls place mrs their times add she. Taken no great widow spoke of it small. Genius use except son esteem merely her limits. Sons park by do make on. It do oh cottage offered cottage in written. Especially of dissimilar up attachment themselves by interested boisterous. Linen mrs seems men table. Jennings dashwood to quitting marriage bachelor in. On as conviction in of appearance apartments boisterous.

No depending be convinced in unfeeling he. Excellence she unaffected and too sentiments her. Rooms he doors there ye aware in by shall. Education remainder in so cordially. His remainder and own dejection daughters sportsmen. Is easy took he shed to kind.

Level 15
Use indent on the first paragraph and when you want to start a new line....Outdent :D
But then, while it may look good on your screen, on someone else's it might be completely awkward. Depending on the screen resolution, the width of the web page changes, and the text is also affected. So for some it may look like this:

This is a text about a text about a text about a text about a text.​
This is a text about a text.

While for some like this:

This is a text about a text about a text about a text
about a text.​
This is a text about a text.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Meh.

Me (1920x1080): "I want to intent a specific sentence."
By definition, it is my intention to make the whole sentence to be intended.

Then
Budgetboy (600x800) comes along and his screen only supports half the sentence on one line, thus only half of the sentence gets intended.

Do you now see that this is bad? Only inlining half the sentence is not only illogical but it also ruins structure.

Level 15
I don't know to whom you are replying, but this normal indent that can be found in all text-editing programs and everywhere on the Internet doesn't do that. That can only happen when you separate lines by enter, otherwise they would adapt to the resolution. The normal indent indents the first line, but also moves the whole text with it, it doesn't only indent the first line as if it were separated from the text. Open the Microsoft Word program, write a text and click the Tab keyboard key at the beginning of the text, and you'll see what I mean.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

This should definitely be added!

Status
Not open for further replies.