• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A few spell requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, im kinda new to custom mapping (i've made a bunch of melee maps). I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few spells.

Assess Threat: when cast, the hero is instantly teleported in a random direction 300 units away from his current location. (Illusion anim. 4 levels, mana decreases with each level)

Mind Drain: When successfully casted on an enemy hero for "X" seconds, that hero loses one intelligence permenantly. (Like mana drain, 8seconds,6seconds,4seconds,3seconds. 800 range)

Altered Being: Whenever the hero is attacked, it hasa slight chance of regaining that damage in life. (2% chance, 4% chance, 6% chance, 8% chance.)

Thank you. If any of you kind people are actually willing to MAKE any of these spells for me, pm me and i will tell you the details. If not, Please instruct me on how i can do this myself. Thanks!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think Mana Drain can be done easly.

Events:
Generic Unit Event: A Unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions:
Ability Comparison: (Ability being cast) equal to Mind Drain

Actions:
Wait: Wait 8 seconds.
Hero/Modify Hero Attribute: Modify Intelligence of (Target Unit of Ability being cast) subtract 1.

-Rui

Level 10
Tubby115 said:
Hi, im kinda new to custom mapping (i've made a bunch of melee maps). I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few spells.

Assess Threat: when cast, the hero is instantly teleported in a random direction 300 units away from his current location. (Illusion anim. 4 levels, mana decreases with each level)

300 units? how big do you want the collision size and scale of each unit to be?

Altered Being: Whenever the hero is attacked, it hasa slight chance of regaining that damage in life. (2% chance, 4% chance, 6% chance, 8% chance.)

events-
unit is attacked
conditions-
level of altered being equal to #
actions-
if (random number) equal to # or less
set life of attacking unit to (life of attacking unit + 4% of max life)

Level 1
300 units as in distance. Im not sure what the measurements in WE are, but 300 of those... :lol: it's not far. i just basically want it so the unit could, say, move out of an aoe spell easily.

Level 9
Saying the average units collision size (closest thing to size there is) is 32. Thats a distance of: 32x300=9,600 that would be aproximately: 19.2 spaces on a large grid in any single direction. So, over 3/4 a 96x96 map. I dont think you want it to be that far. How bout a distance of 300 (thats more exact :p.)

So heres your trigger:
Code:
Event
Unit - A unit Unit - A unit Starts casting an ability.

condition
(Ability being cast) Equal to Name Of Ability

Action

Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Casting unit using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
Set SpecialEffect = (Last created special effect)

Animation - Play TargetUnit[1]'s Spell animation

Wait 0.10 seconds

Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect

Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 300.00 towards (Random angle) degrees)

Should work :). Gl with future maps :).

Level 4
Rui said:
I think Mana Drain can be done easily.

Events:
Generic Unit Event: A Unit finishes casting an ability...

This could be done more efficiently, like I corrected in the quote.

Level 1
Ok thats alot, i got that one working. Now i've got another one.

Arcane Nova:
Deals 30% of current mana in damage to a unit.
how would i trigger something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.