• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few question about the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
1) Hello all, i was wondering if it is possible to write a program in the language the one made from only 0 and 1 numbers.

2) Would realy like to try it a little, ah and one more thing, is there any program or any other way to convert any text into the language made from 0 and 1?

3) Oh and how is this language named anyway? I've heard from ANSI, Unicode words, but don't know if any of them is correct...
If someone could explain this to me please.

-------------------------------------- I have some questions about Files now too---------------------------------------------------

1) *.dll files, what does dll stand for? What is it used for, and if possible a program to open/view/edit them.
2) *.dat files what are these used for? and what does it stand for? (was thinking maybe it is: *.dat = data file) And again a program to view/open/edit them if possible. I need this information to be able to make some first tools for warcraft3...

Level 21
1) You really don't want to do this. If you insist on going really low-level, then use an assembly language. But really, you don't want to write direct machinecode.

2) ?

3) ?

1) Dynamic link library. It's a program extension. Main reason dll's were invented is because certain code is used by multiple programs at the same time. Earlier on, this code would be loaded for each program using it causing a large memory overhead, so dll's are designed to save memory. To edit a dll you would basically need the source code and recompile it.

2) .dat usually stands for "data". There is not 1 specific file specifications for .dat file.

Bottom line is that you can give any file any extension you want. The extension doesn't necessarily define what kind of file it is. To give an example: .dat files used by warcraft use different file specifications than .dat files used by Command & Conquer.

Level 22
ANSI is not a language.

I have no clue what exactly you're trying to do. And I'm thinking you don't either...

Will somehow have to agree with you, i don't have a clue on the name of the 0 and 1 language, but i was trying to make a program in that language, so i was wondering if i did for example....:

And then what i would have to save it as> *.bat *.exe and stuff, wich one i need to use?

Level 13
Wow I give you a good tip... Please forget this....

1. I don't know any language which is directly written in machine code :/
2. You wouldn't like to do that... its totally creeps. Use a damn sdk like everybody else :D

3. Ansi / Unicode are (as far as I know) "sorts" of text. For example Unicode supports the german "ä" "ö" "ü" which ansi does not.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1. dll files are program librarys. Nothing to worry about unless you need one or you write a program. They contain data for the program. (for example wc3 uses "game.dll" which is updated when you patch)

2. *.dat = data true. But they can simple be everything :/
But the ending of a file is mostly!! (not for every ending) only a hint for windows how to open the file.

For example you could take a file with ending .docx rename it to .mp3 and then rightclick open with -> word and word would still do the right thing.

It becomes difficult when it comes to overhead :D But that's another topic

Level 21
1. I don't know any language which is directly written in machine code
machinecode is the language.
You need a binary editor (I like XVI32, google it) and insert your code byte per byte in hex.
Then you save it as exe. Chances are it won't work because you'll probably made a mistake somewhere. The price you pay of writing directly in machinecode is having no readability, no way of debugging, an incredible high chance of writing down a wrong byte, and even if it makes sense to the computer, it'll still have semantic bugs. There's no reason why anyone would want to do this, other than for pure academic purposes.

.bat is a batch file, allowing you to execute OS-dependant commands. It's text-based, unlike machinecode.

Status
Not open for further replies.