• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Complete Beginners Guide to Hashtables

Level 4
heya! i'm a noob out here. even though i'm not familar with hashtables, i understand some of the lines but i dont know how to make those by myself. Can you suggest me guys where to start in making GUIs?

Level 3
I'm sorry to bother, but when I want to save "value" of "value" of "value" in "hashtable" and I have imported triggers, I see a function like (triggering unit) or (picked unit) that I cannot access when creating my table.

like save knockbackSpeed of (Key Speed) of (target unit of ability) of Knocktable.

for quite a while I was reading trying to learn/understand hashtables but everytime I tried to make one it didn't make any sense and only now that I noticed that I cannot find such functions, is it a bug related with JNGP editor or with patch 1.27a? (I Know 1.27b messes up the command card buttons)...

It's down to the logical frame for accessing them actually by using Key(unit). If it's a singular unit, just keep it in a variable, for multiple objects, it goes into the logic flow for the triggers you aim to create. You can refer to Spell Section, some users create spells with hashtables and you might want to take a look on how they did it.

Here's mine: Divine Judgement 1.2.1

Level 1
I may be wrong but it makes no sense to me that the "Tank Attack End" trigger turns off itself. Shouldn't it rather turns off "Tank Attack Loop" instead ?
It's been quite a long time I didnt do some WC3 GUI, did I miss something about that trigger ?
trigg.PNG