• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A bit "philosoph" help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Hello community!

in my english class I have to take an oral examen. Actually, I figured on having an economic issue ('cause I am studying economy), but unfortunatly my english teacher gave me some kind of "philosophy" question, that I didn't understand, 'cause it's too abstract for me. :xxd:

"Explain four uses for a drinking glass other than for holding a liquid."

I know, it seems to be as a bit childish as question, but when you think about it, you see that it sucks... of course she doesn't want me to list up just some examples like "flower vase" , she wants me to give "crazy/curious/funny/weird" examples with some story background:

example: Yesterday, I went home and I had to go to the loo. Unfortunatly, my sister was occupying the loo, so I had to urinate into a glass...

(I have to add that she's a strange canadian woman (nothing against canadians)...)

Could you find some examples?

Level 27
Wouldn't that be using it to hold liquid (the urine)?
  • Listening device. You put it up to a door and it makes the sound clearer. I guess. Never tried it.
  • Quick access to glass shards.
  • For some types of glasses, the melodic ringing noise.
  • Making "I see you pee," jokes. :D

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Not bad at all your ideas. I would never have found something like this. Putting them in a story will be a bit difficult. By the way, you're right. Urinating would be a use of holding liquid. You now understand why I am posting it? :grin:

I left the university campus. When I arrived at home, I wanted to drink a glass of water. Suddenly I heard a strange noice reaching me from the neighbour's. I drank up my water and put my glas against the door to listen what was happening.

What do you think of it? Would that be okay for story beginning? I would like to add the "make music with glass", too.

Do you want to continue the story making? Do you have other ideas?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.