• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Abyssal Of Greed

(8)Abyssal Of Greed V1.03
Player Suggest: 4v4
Idea: Present a new way to use gateway.
Tile set: Outland mixed. Orange theme.
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Preview: 180x180 ver
180877-7cefca3f8d4a5cd7b25806853de56185.png

168x168 ver
180879-c4ef1c248a46d48ec531fef3e7b68bd3.png

Map Description:
The former capital overflowing with gold has collapsed over time. Covered by the abyss, the old capital is full of dangers and curses. Guarded by the souls of the dead.

Neutral Building:
23 Expansion Goldmines (Main-14500, Couple Expansion-16500, side expansion-15500, mid expansion-22500)
4 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
2 Mercenary camp -Outland
4 Goblin Lab
2 Marketplace
2 Gateway [not connected]

Creep Camp:
24 Green
26 Orange
2 Red +8 starting base

Information:
-mid unguard goldmines, are you greed of it?
-portal near base [not connected]
-Outland merc, fast invade/cooldown merc.
-much much gold in goldmines
-not so many red, but many flying units camp, required co-op teammate.
-creep isn't hard else its market camp and starting base. fast creeping map, fast expo.
-permanent/charge 4 is the maximum in the map.
-spawn as couple.
-up vs down.

++There's a WIP down in the photo down there in case you wanna asked of it.

1.0 change most of neutral position
1.01 update DS ally priority to top vs bot.
1.02 -
1.03 change cliff + add starting base guard. drop p4

Creator Note:
-There are two version of the map, the first one was the original with 180x180, and the DS[decrease size version] which is 168x168. Smaller than you can choose the version you want creep and neutral building are the same.
-In case of you got confused from the minimap. The trees line is where the pure orange are, the route will be the different color. and cliff is a bit hard to see in this map.

Special Thank: Kaer
for helping me about the DS version which is fit more for 4v4.
Previews
Contents

(8)Abyssal Of Greed (Map)

(8)Abyssal Of Greed DS (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, overall I like the map. It has a really interesting layout. Creeps and items look good. However, there are a few details which I think would pose problems if the map would be played in a ladder environment: 1. Main bases and expansion on...

HKB

HKB

Level 4
It's a good map, but I think there are several problems. One is that the player's starting point is lack of guards. If there are less than eight players, these gold mines will become unguarded gold mines. Another problem is that some surface textures are wrong, such as the surface texture of cliffs. You may use a different surface texture than the environment selected in the map. (I use the translator to translate English, maybe not well written)

Level 26
It's a good map, but I think there are several problems. One is that the player's starting point is lack of guards. If there are less than eight players, these gold mines will become unguarded gold mines. Another problem is that some surface textures are wrong, such as the surface texture of cliffs. You may use a different surface texture than the environment selected in the map. (I use the translator to translate English, maybe not well written)
I did fixed the cliff, and about the starting base I did design for 4v4 so I didn't think of adding the guard but since you say so I did added it. ty.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, overall I like the map. It has a really interesting layout. Creeps and items look good. However, there are a few details which I think would pose problems if the map would be played in a ladder environment:
1. Main bases and expansion on highground. I'd prefer if at least one of them would be on regular ground.
2. Some areas look rather narrow for 4v4, but it seems that my standards are different from some highlevel players so I might be wrong.
3. One-way portals are not a good idea in 99,9% of all situations. And I dont see why this map would belong ot the other 0,1%.
4. Possibly the tileset coudl also put off some players.

Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that some 4v4 might actually like this map. Imho you should mention it again in discord, to see how other people feel about it. Map approved.