• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

5 Advanced Questions (+Rep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am making a map that needs balance, so i figured out a way to fix up to 80% of my proplems. I got 5 Questions that i need the right answer on to fix it all. +Rep for help.

First Question:

When one unit of a player group of 10 kills a enemy unit, how can i increase all of the units Mana Points by 5, HP by 15, Armor by 0.25, Damage by 1 ? Is that possible?

Second Question:

Is it possible to Scale a spell to a units mana points?

Example of a Spell Tooltip: The Cold Veins effect will reduce the target enemy units move speed by XX and heal yourself by the mana points you have. (200 MP = 200 HP healed.)

Third Question:

How do i make unit NOT help other units when they get attacked? (I have allready set the >Call for Help Range< in >Gameplay Constants< to 75).

Example: When i attack a unit in 300 range of another, the other unit will make a Attack Move to the distance of the battle.

Fourth Question:

Is it possible to make a spell value to a UNITS attack damage? Hit points, regeneration, MP regeneration? Also, can i make these values effect the cooldown?

The last Question:

Can i make a units attack, damage the target enemy units armor? Like 20 damage will reduce 1 armor? This is not a spell but just a normal attack?
And can i make every 10 attack of a unit increase armor by 1?

Please Help if you can atleast one answer that is not answered.

Last edited:
Level 12
First Question: (The 10 players are in a force and allied)
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Owner of Killing Unit is an enemy of Owner of Killed Unit equal to True
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Units in Playable Map Area matching Owner of Matching Unit is an ally of Owner of Killing Unit equal to True and do Actions
      • Loop - Actions
This is all I can give you, sorry.

Second Question:
Make the spell a slow spell which has no mana cost. Trigger the additional effect using (Mana of (Triggering Unit)) and (Life of (Triggering Unit)).

Third Question:
I think that's called Alarm radius, and that it can be modified via Triggers. Try to explore that.

Fourth Question:
I don't think it's possible to detect the damage unless you use the event "Unit takes damage", and it's specific. But the other values are easy to use. The only way of effecting the cooldown is creating a timer for each ability and comparing it to the unit's values, and I guess that's not very comfortable.

Fifth Question:
I don't think that's possible unless you're a genius in the gameplay constants, and I'm not. Sorry. :razz:

Level 11
You can make attacks remove armor with dummy abilities, of course, but there's a limit to how well this works.

You can also make units completely ignore alarms with a GUI function, something in "Units" and involving "ignores alarms", not sure what it's called exactly :xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.