• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4th Age of Middle EarthV1.55

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: galendumle
The 4th age of Middle Earth

Game Maker (original): Holy_sausage (RoC ver)
Game Maker (Edited) : Raphamaster ( TFT ver)

This is a Spawn Based map based on the Middle earth on the 4th age (After the movies)

It will tell the history of what could have happened starting whit what Tolkien wrote

History:

After the destruction of The One Ring and Gandalf´s departure to Aman, The Nazguls revive the Witch King by sacrificing many souls, after he is revived he and 3 surviving Nazguls try to reach Angmar in the far North so that Evil can still have a hold on Middle Earth, The rest of the Nazguls leaded by Khamul the Easterling join Mouth of Sauron, Ruler of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood to help him conquer the Elves in name of Morgoth.

In the South Castamir II the King of Umbar reclaim his Rigth on the Trone of Gondor, Aragorn Elessar that gave the kingdom to his son Eldarion reunites the leaders of Gondor to talk about the iminent Treath.

In Rhûn the Wainriders prepare to control all of Rhovanion and then attack Rohan.

In Mordor the men of Nurn and the rest of Sauron forces make an alliance and start the war agaisnt the people of Gondor.

And in the Shire, Saruman´s Spirit plots an way of recreating his Empire, Who shall win ? and who shall lose the Great war of the 4th Age ?

Game Forum: www.wc3haven.com

Next Version: 03/30/2009

Version 1.40 Changelog

-Fixed all bugs from ver 1.30
-Minor Terrain changes
-Balanced the LB+ Grey + Brown vs Red + Blue figth
-Fixed Angmar Spawns

Ver 1.50 Changelog

Bugfixes

New Units and Balanced some stuff

Keywords:
LOTR Lord of The Rings 4th Age Raphamaster Clan Sqe
Contents

4th Age of Middle EarthV1.55 (Map)

Reviews
02:18, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
Okay then. But the game it seems to like to lag. And why is sarumans ghost still there? As well as tower with heal wards(why the F?). But I like the map. I love playing a saruman. He gets so many spawn places with small fights.

Last edited:
Level 17
This is my review on 4th Age of Middle Earthv1.30

Pros:
-Good RTS gameplay, requiring much skill and practice.
-Great replayability, out of the 12 playable forces, each requires different strategies.
-The terrain is playable, with a good amount of height variation. It could use more doodads and tile variation, though.
-Follows the post-3rd age lore quite well.
-The Quest log is very detailed.
-The heroes you made up (not from Tolkien's lore) fit in well with the map.
-You give proper credit to the original author of the map.

Cons:
-Many units had shadows that didn't fit well with the model. If you decrease the scaling value of a unit, the shadow should also become smaller.
-It can be quite difficult for new players to adjust to the standards expressed by other players of the map.
-Towers were able to conjure healing wards. This isn't true at all to Tolkien lore and doesn't fit in with the pacing of the map, either.
-Not quite as fun as maps set during the 3rd age. It lacks the appeal that only certain forces and heroes can bring.

Rating: 3.0 and recommended for approval.

Level 4
Ok st Thanks for the review i an trying to improve the game,now to the lore.

Saruman in this newer gone to the shire (where in book he got kiled by grima),but he sent lotho to get all the gold the Baggins Family had,making him very rich,using the money he got political power in Forochel,and in time full control.

New Ver guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Rapha, maybe you would like to express what the previously maker made in this map :)?

because i played it before you touched it, doesnt seem like much has really changed, but if you try and focus more on gameplay instead of terrain it could become better.

Aye, its really good.
A little confusing at first, but it get easier after a bit.

My rating : 95/100
Some places in the terrain (large hills) just don't make sense to me... Camera can only zoom out so far, and that makes it annoying.

Keep up the good work dude.
I'd host dl onlys, but as you know, my IP is currently banned... >_>

Level 7
you need to tone down the income system. and balance the spawns. some spawns are rediculasly high, some units give too much income, and the essence of it all is "the rich get richer." once u get rich, it becomes rediculasly easy to get richer.

Level 3
Saruman in this newer gone to the shire (where in book he got kiled by grima),but he sent lotho to get all the gold the Baggins Family had,making him very rich,using the money he got political power in Forochel,and in time full control.

New Ver guys.

Hi raphamaster

I'm sorry to be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud, or whatever it may be called, but I happen to be a fan of Tolkien, and there are several holes in your lore (although I'm sure it makes for a good game!). Just wanted to point out some lore-based things, although this is taking nothing away from your map.

1) The Baggins family didn't have gold left (not any large amount) as told in the LoTR.
2) The Lossoth, the only tribe that still survives in Forochel, would have had no use for gold as they live a basic survival existence.
3) The ring wraiths are no longer alive in the 4th age. The rings were made powerless when the One Ring was destroyed. Ergo, they would die. I believe at the end of LotR, it also shows them burning up when they are racing towards Frodo/sam (although i don't have the book with me now). Therefore, they couldn't resurrect Sauron :(

4) Finally, and this one I'm not too sure about, but referring to the below quote, Aragorn only gave his throne to Eldarion when he passed on. A nice addition of Umbar, it shows knowledge of the history of Gondor ;)

In the South Castamir II the King of Umbar reclaim his Rigth on the Trone of Gondor, Aragorn Elessar that gave the kingdom to his son Eldarion reunites the leaders of Gondor to talk about the iminent Treath.

Then again, they also took some producers license in the film, but nothing really that went against lore (that I recall, though i may be incorrect).

Last edited:
Level 19
the icons are imported wrong tbh. And i dont know. It dont looks like minas tirith etc. But ok 2/5 for nice try. Could be better terrain and things like that but its some how nice anyway. I guess its ur first map or sumthing like that?