• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

480 x 480 Veryyy well (non-melee, RPG style) terrained map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
You miss all the shots you don't take, so I figured xd

I'm really not picky I'd be happy with a desert, snowy environment, forest, (would prefer not like, a firey one, just your run of the mill rpg environment, but maybe add sort of, tactical combat points, high grounds, choke points, etc.)

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Template | HIVE
You can search here, nobody can do a terrain on a whim. You need to specify regions, create a part of them map and say i need a bridge here trees here etc...
Look in the template section maybe you'll find something you like :)

Level 5
Template | HIVE
You can search here, nobody can do a terrain on a whim. You need to specify regions, create a part of them map and say i need a bridge here trees here etc...
Look in the template section maybe you'll find something you like :)

Gotcha :) thank you for the advice, I actually stumbled on a 480x480 map I might just tweak and brush up and it'll save me a lot of time so I think I'm all set :eek:

Level 5
World of Monsters v0.1.a

Here is my old work. You can use it.

Damn, I really took the time to look at this, and it's a piece of art, it exceeds the maximum doodad count though D:, but I was really into the idea of a large desert with an oasis, and I was hoping to work some crafting/harvesting into the map so I might be able to chip away at some of the doodads and replace them with units with models as things like rocks, grass, etc. but do you think that would cause serious lag?

Also is there anyway around the doodad limit?

But damn dude, this is beautiful.

Level 13
Damn, I really took the time to look at this, and it's a piece of art, it exceeds the maximum doodad count though D:, but I was really into the idea of a large desert with an oasis, and I was hoping to work some crafting/harvesting into the map so I might be able to chip away at some of the doodads and replace them with units with models as things like rocks, grass, etc. but do you think that would cause serious lag?

Also is there anyway around the doodad limit?

But damn dude, this is beautiful.

Map was built on 1.27 patch. Blizzard removed some limitations for object editor. I dont think adding more doodad will cause delay. 3-4 members of hiveworkshop used and edited that map and nobody said any delay/lag problem. I used minimum optional doodads for every zone. Only grass objects thing may cause lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.