Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(4)Refined Land

Submitted by Zucth
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
(4)Refined Land V1.06
Player Suggest: 2v2, 1v1
Tile set: Black citadel + Outland + Barren + Dungeon
Theme: Bright black citadel-Outland
Map Creator: Zucth
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Map Description:
The land of demon where the most fertile, full gold and few crop can grow in this land. This place live down under the Demon's Crossing. some of the place were conquer by beast. Water was refined by ores under the land, that's why the place is bright.

Neutral Building:
8 Expansion Goldmines (Main-14500, Expansion-16500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Marketplace
4 Goblin Labs
4 Mercenary Camp
-Felwood

Creep Camp:
12 Green
20 Orange (-4 start base)
4 Red

[​IMG]

Information:
-50% of the camp not sleep during night
-take inspired from (6)Demon's Crossing [can say that re-balanced it with new form]
-map size: 119x119
-base near goblin lab
-purge in c3 and p4 camp.
-no envenom and frost armor
-compensate envenom with cleaving att.
-//fly units camp no longer exist.
-felwood merc [envenom, cursed, slow, cannibalize] late or late late game used design.
-open expansion mines similar to mid concealed hill mines.

I don't think that change the goblinlab and merc are necessary...
GobL: It's a green camp + Early game creep route. It rare to see people go the other way.
Merc: It's a late game used design: the camp is quite special cause it will give you permanent(p)5 drop +t2 tome

If I did miss any that will cause this to not competitive please tell me

1.04: fixed terrain elevation[mid], doodad elevation around the map
1.05: remove cursed harpy from out ring replace with infernal contraption lv5 [make possible chance for people to creep to the other way], +remove one more tree behind the lizrad-medic lv13 moved it more in to keep safe from aggro pull.
1.06: remove lv3 flying units from red merc camp replace with lv5 bloodlush+abolish make the camp harder[worth for p5], move lab camp in a bit avoid pull aggro. And change player status from FFA/2v2 to 2v2/1v1.
Contents

(4)Refined Land (Map)

1. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fast look: creep shops and marketplace creeps dont sleep and they must.

upload_2020-9-1_23-12-31.png

terraining trick, edit selet all special control av. page to down doodad, and hide those artificial bars.

epic terraining!!!!

2. SayuriTenshi

SayuriTenshi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @WolfFarkas shop yes, marketplace not rly its debatable

3. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what does that sentence mean?
    nvm, I understand now. sorry for causing more confuse. xD

4. ZLY199377

ZLY199377

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
      There is a question that must be made clear. Is the terrain template of this map made by yourself? Or find another map to modify? Please forgive me for doubting, because this map is so delicate compared with other maps of yours.

5. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made it myself. you can go asked people in the melee discord. I did asked some question when I make the terrain before. If you don't believe me though. I also did write down my inspiration in the information, you can look at the (6)demon's crossing which is original by blizzard. Take a look at the layout and come back answer me am I copy it?

6. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok got it

no copy, maps are nothing a like.

it also surprised me the very fast evolution of the terraining, considering this was uploaded on last friday. (2)Ramp Off

I did checked 100 pages of epic war of 4 players maps, if this map were done by another user, it would be easy to find 1-3 copies in epic war.

Search Results - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

till 2009 maps.

I found nothing

7. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for help me clear this situation :)
    It won't be this fast without rotate paste 90(I did 1/4 of it and copy paste around. This is my first[that work well] 4P FFA map anyway I do worry of the balance issue I did have before back in (4)Sunken Sandria). I did asked Knecht about it like 12 hours ago in the discord...
    I did a little on creep, creep aggro, decoration and test. that why this map is upload a bit late.

-later edit: My understand in English is very bad @-@

Last time I did this terrain [Black Citadel] was "(2)Waste Factory" and got a problem of the minimap route which tell nothing. I did start research on this terrain combination since then. Can say that this one is the fixed combination tile set of Waste Factory. Also the idea is blink after saw (6)demon's crossing terrain + I was addict to dungeon tile set and sand(from sunken ruins). So I did put the red mushroom on. That's it.

I hope to find more unique combination tile set, so that might be why all of mind will not be normal though, else I was looking for testing other thing like finding new mechanic on neutral building. I hope this explanation can help you understand why some look worst and some maybe unique like what I try to find. In other word if you look deep down in the other map of mind you will see more different of tile set and also other worst tile set sit there.

++there is another delicate one of mine which is substandard you can take a look though.
    "(2)Harphman" It did paint it one by one to say so -.-

Apologize to all the bad mean and rush answer from before @-@

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  8. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Once again, what's control av page to down? @-@
    +ty I didn't see that from before.