• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3rd Person Camera movable with arrow keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm working on an RPG and I'm trying to make it 3rd person with a camera that is moveable with the arrow keys. Is there any way to do this with only GUI ?

Level 2
That camera doesn't move with the arrow keys but thanks anyways. I'll have to search some more.

Level 2
That's still not what I'm looking for but thanks again. I'm looking for a 3rd person camera that you can rotate around the unit with the arrow keys.

Level 9
I need a 3d person camera to but for my car map so I'd apprichiate if u told me how to make the camera abit over the car and behind it and I dont want it to be moveable with arrow keys sense I use them to drive :D and do somebody know how to make the driving like Azeroth Grand Prix? At the moment I use Warcraft III Spells - Arrow keys movement system pack

But with that system u turn backwards if u press Arrow Key Down. and I wanted it to drive backward while facing forward. And also the Azeroth Grand Prix has a more feeling of speed but I gues they've made something with the movement speed so that it can go over 600.

Level 2
Oh. Sorry. Anyway I could make it for you, it's not so difficult.

You could? Cool Thanks. Can you send me the map? I'm still trying and my one keeps getting screwed up when you walk and the unit keeps getting jammed somewhere.

Level 9
I'm not totally sure about what you want. Maybe this is the solution to your problems.
Though it works only if the camera is locked on a unit, and it laggs a lot in multiplayer.
I could make the camera "free", but it would take much more time. Is this enough?

Attachments

• CAMERA MOVEMENT for 1337.w3x
    13.3 KB · Views: 263
Level 2
I'm not totally sure about what you want. Maybe this is the solution to your problems.
Though it works only if the camera is locked on a unit, and it laggs a lot in multiplayer.
I could make the camera "free", but it would take much more time. Is this enough?

Thats exactly what i wanted! Thank You. + Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.