• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A Movable First Person Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Umm, you shouldn't be able to move a first person camera using the arrow keys as it is attached to the unit that is "seeing" the view.
But then can't I put something like this?
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition - Ability is equal to Aim
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Aim Equal to False
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Aim = (Aim <gen> is on)
Then you could move around your camera.

Level 5
Alright so I download the Camera system and I suppose this is the one that sets it to Thrid Person View.
Does anyone know how to change this to first person?
  • CameraSet
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to MaxPlayers, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Player((Integer A)))'s camera Distance to target to DistanceFromTarget[(Integer A)] over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Player((Integer A)))'s camera Angle of attack to AngleofAttack[(Integer A)] over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Lock camera target for (Player((Integer A))) to CameraUnit[(Integer A)], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • AutoRotate[(Integer A)] Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Camera - Set (Player((Integer A)))'s camera Rotation to (Facing of CameraUnit[(Integer A)]) over 0.50 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Camera - Set (Player((Integer A)))'s camera Rotation to Rotation[(Integer A)] over 0.50 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.