• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

3dsmax5 needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello,

if anyone have a working version of 3dsmax for the blizz tools and want to sell it
please pm me an offer with your price - thank you.

Level 2
well as long as there is no other program that can import wc3 animations
with bones and everything, anything else than 3dsmax is useless for me.

hello,

if anyone have a working version of 3dsmax for the blizz tools and want to sell it
please pm me an offer with your price - thank you.

This isn't EBay. The Hive Workshop isn't exactly a place to purchase expensive software.

well as long as there is no other program that can import wc3 animations
with bones and everything, anything else than 3dsmax is useless for me.

Oinkerwinkle's Tools can't do animation, if that's what you're looking for. But you can use it to modify models without losing the anims and bones.

Level 2
i don't think such an old version of 3dsmax should be too expensive...
and hiveworkshop is probably the place with the most 3dsmax5 users because
that special version makes only sense for wc3 editing.

oinkerwinkle's tool sound promising , i will surely check it out but it
won't be an alternative for 3dsmax5 for me anyway.

Level 2
looks like i get now my license,
but i thought you can import wc3 models especially animations with the blizzard tools... i just read that there is only a mdx-exporter and no importer?
so how the f--- can you import existing wc3 animations now?

i don't think such an old version of 3dsmax should be too expensive...
and hiveworkshop is probably the place with the most 3dsmax5 users because
that special version makes only sense for wc3 editing.

oinkerwinkle's tool sound promising , i will surely check it out but it
won't be an alternative for 3dsmax5 for me anyway.

but i thought you can import wc3 models especially animations with the blizzard tools... i just read that there is only a mdx-exporter and no importer?

Don't double-post post. Or at least wait 48 hours before "bumping".

You need MDL Importer, look for it at wc3campaigns.net or follow my tutorial there.

Level 2
thanks, i read your tutorial there and although i have an account on that page and i am logged in, i am m still not able to create a new thread or watch any attached pictures.

i read several tutorials but some of them seem outdatet and everyone seem to use different tools. So i still wonder what is the best/easiest way to import
existing wc3 mdx/mdl models to 3dsmax5. i read something about only
animations and bones get imported so far and not other stuff like particles etc - so what if i want to edit for example the animations and textures of the phoenix (i assume now that he has some of the stuff that dont gets imported) from bloodmage ulimate? after im finished with the editing can i save the phoenix then and use it in wc3 just with that modifications or will i lose something like particles/glow etc with the saving then?

Status
Not open for further replies.