• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[3DS MAX] Need help fusing models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to fuse 2 Sc2 models together, and for some reason i can't connect them. I can't select vertexes or faces of the other model, only the first.
i have to assume you cant edit the vertexes on the 2th model, the one that you imported, maybe because you first need to convert the model to editable mesh.
select your model, right click it, convert to: editable mesh.
Then in your modify panel you should be able to select what u wanted.

Level 1
Well you need to make one of the models editable poly, or just add edit poly.

Use that one, and press on "Geometry" on the bar at the top of the screen. Then press "Attach", then click on the other model. Then they will become one.

Level 4
I edited my two models seperately, i wanna make them one.

correct me if im wrong, but you said you cant select your model.

i couldn't make this easier for you.

as you can see on the first image located in the attachment, we have 2 models.

select one of your models right click it and select convert to:
choose editable mesh, as shown in picture 2. (if one of your model is already editable mesh skip this step and move on)

see picture 3 for what you should get in the modify panel.
from here you can modify vertexes polygons and so on.

at picture 4, you can see that i selected the model we converted to editable mesh, go to the modify panel and click attach, when you do that nothing will change, just select the second model and voila, they are both connected.

To confirm that they are both selected, the second model should gain the color of the first model, as you can see now both models are green, and other way is to select any of them and move them, you can see they both move.

and 1 more way to do it is to simply group them together.

Edit: just a quick note, you can convert your model to editable poly as well and it might be better, it only have more functions then editable mesh, but since im used to editable mesh it was easier to explain.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.png
    2.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.png
    3.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.png
    4.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 72
Level 1
Just press OK. But you need to merge the two textures you use on both the models. Since it can only use on texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.