• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[3DS Max 2009] A question directing to a biped rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some tweaks and modifications to fit with the model so it looks like in this picture (of couse I activated Figure Mode on).
biped01.jpg

But when I turn off Figure Mode, it looks like this.
biped02.jpg
The neck refuses to co-operate.

Can someone with knowledge of Biped rigs explain this to me, please?

Level 25
I know that this problem appears only when you add key to some biped bone.
Perhaps the key on the Time Slider is hidden or something. Take a look at the Dope Sheet or in the biped options.
Try to create another biped and see if it happens again.

I don't have 3ds Max 9 I have 2008.

I know that this problem appears only when you add key to some biped bone.
Perhaps the key on the Time Slider is hidden or something. Take a look at the Dope Sheet or in the biped options.
I looked at the Dope Sheet, couldn't find any keys there.
And the only "biped options" I could find is in the Motion tab and it doesn't show any hidden keys either.

Try to create another biped and see if it happens again.
I tried to create a new biped too (three times actually), same problem.

I don't have 3ds Max 9 I have 2008.
And I use 2009, not 9. =P

Level 25
Maybe the 3Ds max biped is buged or something.

Maybe you can try to copy and paste the pose of the biped.
Go to the figure mode and move/rotate the neck where ever you want, then copy the POSE not POSTURE, turn off the figure mode and paste the POSE and the neck should go on the place you wanted. Now you can delete the keys.

I hope this works else I really don't know whats the problem.
If that doesn't work then use normal bones and IK chains :p

Maybe you can try to copy and paste the pose of the biped.
Go to the figure mode and move/rotate the neck where ever you want, then copy the POSE not POSTURE, turn off the figure mode and paste the POSE and the neck should go on the place you wanted. Now you can delete the keys.
That method works, even though I couldn't find any hidden keys.
I even restarted 3ds Max to make sure that the neck stays in the same pose, and no problems there.

To add a note: When I enabled and disabled Figure Mode after this trick, his neck resets. So it's best to stay away from the Figure Mode when the rig is finished and fixed.

Thank you very much for your helpfulness, skrab.

Status
Not open for further replies.