• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3D spaceship and shooting system (like starfox 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I developped this simple GUI system in about 2 hours and would like to know if you guys think this' has a future in some kind of arena shooting game...Cuz i wont be spending time developping this further if its not got any future.

arrowkeys for moving aim/turning or going higher/lower

esc for fire.

This is very basic movement and firing.

Camera is in 3rd person mode behind a flying ship. Theres a aim in the middle of the screen and thats where your projectiles are heading. You use arrowkeys to move the aim and ship's flying direction Left/right but also up/down. Projectiles move on 3D movement following an angle from the ship to the aim.

When releasing the keys the aim re-places itself to the center of the screen automatically.

So far all i designed is ship movement and firing system. There is not yet any targetable units other than the ground.

If you every played starfox 64 then it's about the same as when you play in an "all-range mode" level.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 3dshipsystem.w3x
    133.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.