• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3D Model Viewer progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have good progress, but right now I don't have much time to work on it because of my bachelor's project which regards making a JASS leak finder. The model viewer is however a more dear project to me.

That project is so big, I'd really love to see it working on the site, it would help me and everyone else find the perfect model for maps. Not everyone updates their pictures when they update their models so most of the pictures you see on the model section are outdated. Once you download the model you usually see a different model from what was on the picture but I dont know. I think this model viewer will be so awesome. The last one that was working for a few months was pretty legit and I loved it, cant wait to see this one working!

Good luck with that Ralle!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Thanks a lot for the support. It is somewhat a tough project and before entering this project, I had no clue about OpenGL / WebGL.
When the viewer is ready, I have many ideas on to how to integrate it into the site. Aside from the viewer on each model page, I have thought of making a bbcode to embed the viewer of a model in a post. I can picture this being quite handy. Especially if the model is not required to be uploaded to the models section. I imagine something like [model]a link to the mdx[/model] would be able to show any model hosted anywhere, be it pastebin, dropbox or a different site.
I guess a bbcode could be made for any resource to preview in a post. A map would show the minimap and some stats. An icon would show the BTN and when hovering, it shows the DISBTN.

Level 24
Thanks a lot for the support. It is somewhat a tough project and before entering this project, I had no clue about OpenGL / WebGL.
When the viewer is ready, I have many ideas on to how to integrate it into the site. Aside from the viewer on each model page, I have thought of making a bbcode to embed the viewer of a model in a post. I can picture this being quite handy. Especially if the model is not required to be uploaded to the models section. I imagine something like [model]a link to the mdx[/model] would be able to show any model hosted anywhere, be it pastebin, dropbox or a different site.
I guess a bbcode could be made for any resource to preview in a post. A map would show the minimap and some stats. An icon would show the BTN and when hovering, it shows the DISBTN.
Sounds rather amazing. Although I guess this lies rather far into the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.