• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

28 Month Later (Survival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Background
"A Virus appeared which turned even the bravest Citizan into brutal hungry undeads..
This Epidemic rapidly spread arround...
...Fear and Death was everywhere..
Humanity decreased nearly to zero.. only a few people survived .. after many
incidents some Humans managed to save themselves barricading in a city...

This was 28 Month ago. Now the city where they live has grown and population increased a bit... Proffessors developed an Antidote against this Virus which protects you of getting infected but no medicine could protect someone from the brutal Undeads ... and outside of the save city are still millions of them ...Though of this plans were made to expand

You are one of 120 chosen Elite Marines which got the Order to explore the Area arround and find a solution...
..but it did not happened as planned ... the troops got surprised and forced to fight in a akward position totally unprepared far away from the save area and a bloody massarcre began again... only a few Marines were able to escape and try to survive in Teamwork.

That is were your Struggle for Survival begins.
"
This map was started some time ago and now i continue this big Project.

Come together in a Team of 4-10 People and start the cooperative Survival
Im going to create two different Gamemodes (Survival with Waves of Undeads and a Story like Mode)
There is a "Honour" value which increases with killing enemys and surviving.
Planning: This value can be saved and and loaded which will also add a percentage of your loaded "score" to your Experience
There will be 3 Difficulties ( Normal , Hard [Level 14+] , Nightmare [Level 35+])

Each Class will have 4 skills ( 3 Normal with 10 Levels and 1 Ultimate with 6)
You gain a skillpoint each seconds level
Also each Marine got basic spells : Jump , Split Item (divides its charges to share them) , Create Antidote (Paramedic only) , more will come

Systems: IIIIIIIIII 40%
Heros/Spells: IIIIIIIIII 55%
Items: IIIIIIIIII 10%

26163078mp5.jpg

79080237gt6.jpg

44374426yt6.jpg

90302724zj6.jpg

Heroes

Assault :
The assault is a great Marine which has a high attackrate and deals good damage but has a small range.
He has much Healthpoints and can also Heal.

[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9844/grenadeiconll5.jpg[/IMG]
grenadecs5.jpg
[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1583/improvedaimingiconzb2.jpg[/IMG]
improovedaimingvs5.jpg
[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9072/tweakedmiconwh2.jpg[/IMG]
tweakedmachinerymq6.jpg
Ultimate
[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4641/morphineiconoa4.jpg[/IMG]
morphinerz0.jpg
Paramedic :
You can say that the Paramedic is one of the most important units in a Team.
Has a average Range , Damage but low Health.

[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7747/bandageiconco2.jpg[/IMG]
bandagetk5.jpg
[IMG]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7914/flashep3.jpg[/IMG]
flasbl2.jpg
[IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7190/adrenaliniconqu7.jpg[/IMG]
adrenalinpc5.jpg
Ultimate
[IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7167/createmiconkm3.jpg[/IMG]
createmfx2.jpg

Sniper :
The Sniper deals a huge amount Damage and has a great range but a slow attackspeed.
Got Average Healthpoints and mainly Passive Spells.

[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6339/goldeniconoy1.jpg[/IMG]
goldenhc2.jpg
[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1583/improvedaimingiconzb2.jpg[/IMG]
improovedaimingvs5.jpg
[IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2558/penetratingiconei3.jpg[/IMG]
penetrei2.jpg
Ultimate
[IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7775/takeposiconlt5.jpg[/IMG]
takepdl8.jpg

Engineer : Average Damage , Low Health
Is very important for a team

[IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/672/spikedblh0.jpg[/IMG]
spikedbarrttfg2.jpg
[IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7964/mineiky9.jpg[/IMG]
plantminenm3.jpg
[IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8274/advancedicpj6.jpg[/IMG]
advancedtfq5.jpg
Ultimate
[IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6091/fragmentsiconsz3.jpg[/IMG]
fragmentionbombch5.jpg

+2 other Classes planned (Commander , Grunt)
need some ideas and suggestions for them

Undeads

Eeevil , do not let them come near , they can slice you and break your bones.
These thirsty Undead want to eat you alive so fight for your live.

Possible Wounds:
-Fractures (Ouch , Attackspeed and Movementspeed decrease , can be cured with a Bandage)
-Open Wound (Massive bleeding wich drains your healthpoints , can also be cured with a Bandage)
-Weak Poison (Weakens you unit atall a bit , can be cure with antidots )

enemysmz3.jpg

leechwormsal2.jpg

ghouldc9.jpg

zombieki9.jpg

abominationgg3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
I have to say, I don't really like this type of map, but the screen shots look so cool with the lighting/terrain and such.

It's not exactly the most original idea, but I would suggest putting in as many classes as possible for replay value. I've seen people put like, 4 classes, into their games, and I imagine it gets boring after..3 or 4 games.

Level 7
Oh wow this looks good! Lighting loooks very dramatic, I think it could be better if it was medieval themed or the buildings were changed to something alittle more modern looking, the old style buildings mixed with SCfi marrines looks odd to me.

Level 15
*Update*
Completed Thread ^.^
-All abilities added
-Enemys added
more general information

I have to say, I don't really like this type of map, but the screen shots look so cool with the lighting/terrain and such.

It's not exactly the most original idea, but I would suggest putting in as many classes as possible for replay value. I've seen people put like, 4 classes, into their games, and I imagine it gets boring after..3 or 4 games.
Thanks
I know , its not really original but the main point should be reality , means not to cast a ultimate special thing which instantly kills all enemys or heals
It will be based on Teamwork
yes , atm there are 3 finished classes and 1 under construction.
+2 other classes minimum

Marshmalo said:
the old style buildings mixed with SCfi marrines looks odd to me.
Yes , i was thinking of using another model for the Marine , if i find sth , ill look

Level 2
A lot of the spells you have for classes should be items like grenades, bandages, and many others just something you should think about and yea I agree with anderf, try to make as many classes as possible for replay.

Level 8
I Think you should start by fixing spelling errors, its Improved, not Improoved. [Improoved Aiming skill.]
Anyways,
The terrain is a bit.... Lacking, theres a lot of things here that can help you with that in the model section, But besides that it can work for a placeholder.
Keep working Steadily and you might make something playable out of this, Cheers.

Level 2
Maybe it's just me, but judging from the screenshots... if you're saying you want 10 players, and they've got a massive multiboard there, it'll be covering up a LOT of the screen. But anyway, looks good so far =D

I was thinking of making a 28 ___ later themed map, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

Level 15
A lot of the spells you have for classes should be items like grenades, bandages
I will also create items of them but they will be quite rare and the spells will be a bit stronger

Darkenneko_003 said:
I Think you should start by fixing spelling errors
The terrain is a bit.... Lacking,
Ye , i already fixed many while adding the tooltips
i was thinking to overwork the terrain but what exactly should i chance?

Scyth-Master said:
I can help with the terrain, I'm a big fan of 28 days later so I'll gladly help out in any way I can.
Thaks for your offer , ill try on my own first
when i need help ill remember you

I may need some Hero Ideas (Classes + Abilities)
atm im working on the Engineer and finished the Barricade spell
but after the Engineer im kinda out of ideas

Level 4
Hmm, what about a Chainsaw Marine? Wich got low damage, very good attack speed and high Health points, with low range?

Skills like...

Accuracy, wich grants a 10% chance to saw down one arm or leg of the enemy, wich will slow it?

And headsaw? Wich deals some extra damage?

I hope the game contains a ''Bullet system'' to reload ect.. so you could exchange the bullet for chainsawer like energy for the chainsaw?

Level 7
I think the buildings/marines are actually pretty cool as is. It gives the feel that these marines are in something that was once just a small town, possibly a farming town, and has now turned into the center of a zombie apocalypse.

Level 15
Hmm, what about a Chainsaw Marine? Wich got low damage, very good attack speed and high Health points, with low range?

Skills like...

Accuracy, wich grants a 10% chance to saw down one arm or leg of the enemy, wich will slow it?

And headsaw? Wich deals some extra damage?

I hope the game contains a ''Bullet system'' to reload ect.. so you could exchange the bullet for chainsawer like energy for the chainsaw?

The idea is not that bad , but kindaimpossible to implant because the undeads are quite strong
A Meele Marine with a low range would die very fast , or atleas get fractures open wounds or other injuries . I ought to give him a great health which would be a strange balancing. Also there would be no option to barricade themselves a bit because of his small range he would have to run into the undeads each time to deal damage

i thouglt alot of adding a Ammumition system but i didnt add it till now ... should I ? i thought it just would be a bit annoying

I think the buildings/marines are actually pretty cool as is. It gives the feel that these marines are in something that was once just a small town, possibly a farming town, and has now turned into the center of a zombie apocalypse.
Yes , exactly that was the effect i wanted to create :)

Process : Nearly finished the Engineer , next class will be the assisting Commander
ill update the first post after Engineer is finished

Level 10
With a melee character, you could balance it out by giving him either an evasion or high +defence ability... the reason for this being he has added defence from attacks by using his weapon to block/parry, as it's easier to defend yourself close range when your hands are free from aiming a gun. I call this ability... 'Melee Defence Advantage' (MDA) :wink:

Haha... it's actually how I plan to implement melee characters into my own zombie survival map, but if it makes sense to you feel free to do it

Level 4
What about a skill called, damage reduce? 10-50%? May balance it about at the melee. but anyways, he should ahve that range to saw TROGUH barricades, so you can barricade yourself in and saw them dead. And ammo system is mostly needed, cause then you won't camp at one spot, and it's more feeling of an undead assault and real life.

Level 7
I got an idea for a hero, that frankly I think should have been thought up already.

Demolitions - slow moving, slow attacking, splash damage (bazooka), high health

Fireworks: The Demoman adds some flashes to his rockets, which sometimes blinds his targets. Would have a chance to blind whichever unit that the Demoman was attacking.

Tripwire: The Demoman shoots a tripwire, which knocks zombie's legs out from under them, stunning them and doing damage. Does more damage/longer stuns to bigger units. (No damage to leeches, a lot to Aboms)

Napalm Strike - Simply a flame strike clone.

Ultimate - AutoBomb - Shoots a missile that latches on to a zombie, causing no damage. When that zombie dies, it will do massive AOE damage to all other zombies around it.

Level 15
ammo system is mostly needed, cause then you won't camp at one spot, and it's more feeling of an undead assault and real life.
Hmm.. i still think about adding it but im not quite sure
I guess i will but im not sure

brad.dude03 said:
The movie is supposed to be set in Russia, so just keep that in mind perhaps when terraining :p
i could add some wodka bottles
..but my plan was not really an exactly Movie based map , i started the map long ago and was thinking about an name that i spontaneous chose this because "Night of the Dead" and all this maps already exist

anderf said:
Tripwire: The Demoman shoots a tripwire, which knocks zombie's legs out from under them, stunning them and doing damage. Does more damage/longer stuns to bigger units. (No damage to leeches, a lot to Aboms)

Ultimate - AutoBomb - Shoots a missile that latches on to a zombie, causing no damage. When that zombie dies, it will do massive AOE damage to all other zombies around it.
I like this tripwire idea , the "Autobomb" is also good , i already though of something like that
im going to create an assisting Commander with some auras , after that ill create a Grunt which will have a shot range and maybe some of these ideas

Edit : Engineer finished , added skills (first post)

Last edited:
Level 7
You should do a carrier zombie. It does no damage, but will be mixed in with the other zombies and will drop MANY leeches on death. It will make doing AOE spells tricky.

And, if you are going to use the grunt flamethrower model, please refer to this handy guide.

Actually that gives me an idea. Give a set on fire ability, which gives a target zombie immolation. This immolation after a certain time will spread to other zombies, hurting even more zombies. The backfire is that the fire hurts you too.

Attachments

• RandomPic.jpg
    RandomPic.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 15
You should do a carrier zombie. It does no damage, but will be mixed in with the other zombies and will drop MANY leeches on death. It will make doing AOE spells tricky.

And, if you are going to use the grunt flamethrower model, please refer to this handy guide.

Actually that gives me an idea. Give a set on fire ability, which gives a target zombie immolation. This immolation after a certain time will spread to other zombies, hurting even more zombies. The backfire is that the fire hurts you too.

Yep , i thought of an zombie which drops some others too and i guess ill ad it if i find a matching model

Hm.. thats right but it could also be a disadvantage of the flamethrower :D
im also going to add some fire effects to the zombies for Grenades and that stuff and change their colour (make them darker to create a effect like thei are burnt)

Level 15
*Bumb*

Yeah , it a while ago that i posted the prgress here but i also had less time in the last 2 month an did not work that much on the project.
Anyway , i wanted to mention that this project is definitely NOT dead!

Progress of the last 2 month :hohum: :
- worked on therrain a lil bit
- Added a chat system
- Fixed some bugs
- Overworked the Buff system
- Added a name display
- Added a Ammunition System
- Added various sounds (Ambiente , gameplay + Music[original theme] )
- Started working on the Commander
- Tried importing some different Fonts (not sure which will be used)
- Loadingscreen added

Import state : 9 sounds/music , 7 models , 44 Icons/picture
Credits go to:
WaRadius for his various models and help
Illidan(Evil)X for his Cobra Helicopter model
JetFangInferno for his Spiral Aura model
The rest is mainly made on my own

Current size : 1,5mb (+ arround 50kb for the Font)

Screenshots!!

wetsmallfotnel5.jpg

fontdisplaywerewulfvi5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.