1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

256x256Hydra.blp

Submitted by morbent
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I decided to make a hydra based on my favorite hydra art, made by Svetlin Velinov:
http://www.google.bg/imgres?hl=bg&biw=1280&bih=861&tbm=isch&tbnid=YFg8zIubuOZu6M:&imgrefurl=http://velinov.deviantart.com/art/Hydra-Omnivore-212968182&docid=61uOhpSfAinyaM&imgurl=http://www.deviantart.com/download/212968182/hydra_omnivore_by_velinov-d3isnau.jpg&w=945&h=690&ei=kL4vUczAMof2sgb-9IDABg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=7&sig=106721069382887321916&page=1&tbnh=192&tbnw=252&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=104&ty=50

512x512 version:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=wdbfyj

It's very messy I know :\ Hmmm.. what else to say...
I also want to thank Daarken because of his amazing brushes that I've been using from quite long. They really helped me to make this texture a bit more... high quality.

Add: Oh yes! Now I remembered, some screenshots of the Hydra:

Large
[​IMG]

Forgot to add this:
- Edit it if you want.
- No credits please.

Edit: Converted with BLP Lab ( www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/ ) not with War3 Viewer.

Edit: Path edited. Now it's Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2.blp instead of Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2 (.blp added, I forgot about that).

Edit: I lightened it a lot. Cuz it was really dark. I'm too lazy to update the image, I guess you get the idea :\ it's the same but... lighter.

Keywords:
Hydra, Omnivore, Naga, Water, Hidra, 3 Heads, Moose, MOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Contents

256x256Hydra.blp (Texture)

Reviews
00:46, 2nd Mar 2013 Kwaliti: Just like you said, it's pretty much a mess. Try getting more contours and shapes going on, mostly around the head if possible. Right now it's a mostly an undefined green-red blob. EDIT: Looks much better when...
  1. 00:46, 2nd Mar 2013
    Kwaliti:

Just like you said, it's pretty much a mess. Try getting more contours and shapes going on, mostly around the head if possible. Right now it's a mostly an undefined green-red blob.

EDIT: Looks much better when brigher, though it still seems somewhat messy. I'll change my decision and approve it.

2. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  3. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like the screenshots. Will try it ingame.

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    uu.. this is nice :p however.. it looks a little undefined for war3, if it were other game it would look pretty cool with a specular and normal map, but here.. you'll have to enhance the lights, shadows and contrast a little bit more

5. Shade Da Scout

Shade Da Scout

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should remove the eyes (or make them black and "digged in") since that art has no eyes :p Also, try adding tongue and teeth if possible.

6. blacklabel

blacklabel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like his eyes .:ogre_love:

7. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, yes, but it looks kinda blank and stupid without eyes, the eyes give him some evil feeling. I, of course, prefer the Omnivore Hydra to this one but it's not the same type... actually, this hydra is like the omnivore hydra only by colors, nothing else. They're just too different... and this one, without eyes, would look kinda stupid.

Misha, it's not War3 style I agree :\ it sucks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  8. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ahah, thats really nice of you to make a mythical creature for me :p. At last someone actually decides to make a hydra, for a long time. Will test it out at home later.

9. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm on a mythological creature textures spree :cgrin: first that sphinx and now this... I'm just not good with humans/humanoids -.-

10. Lichkings slave

Lichkings slave

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very very good, something "diffrent" I like it a lot, I also enjoy the concept of it, maybe you should make a naga based unit with the same "idea"

11. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I could try. I guess.

12. KaplanHorus

KaplanHorus

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Awesome ! that could be Director´s Cut !

13. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Then you are already doing a huge part in my project :ogre_haosis:. It's a map filled with myth creatures. How about a skin on a basilisk model? I thought i saw one here in Hive but you should ask permission first :wink:. A same concept on the basilisk could work too.

14. EmoBrother

EmoBrother

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems terrible o.0
    5/5 :thumbs_up:

15. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Haha, thank you all guys, I'm glad you like it.

Better not, cuz it's not Warcraft 3 style, it's too dark, no contrast, no good highlights... it's too sucky for that :) Although, this comment encouraged me that it's not such an awful texture.

I'll search for that basilisk model Ang.

16. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hehe. Really liked the mythical creatures you did so far. They look quite nice to me.

17. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Holy shit this is good.
    keep mooseing

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i think just a little bit more contrast will do, hydra model is not wrapped in the same way like war3, but like a WoW model.. and they don't really require highlights being drawn due to actual light engine

19. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It looks pretty good, although the colors blend together and gets blurry in the 256x256 version. 512x512 is really awesome though.