• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

256x256Hydra.blp

I decided to make a hydra based on my favorite hydra art, made by Svetlin Velinov:
http://www.google.bg/imgres?hl=bg&biw=1280&bih=861&tbm=isch&tbnid=YFg8zIubuOZu6M:&imgrefurl=http://velinov.deviantart.com/art/Hydra-Omnivore-212968182&docid=61uOhpSfAinyaM&imgurl=http://www.deviantart.com/download/212968182/hydra_omnivore_by_velinov-d3isnau.jpg&w=945&h=690&ei=kL4vUczAMof2sgb-9IDABg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=7&sig=106721069382887321916&page=1&tbnh=192&tbnw=252&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=104&ty=50

512x512 version:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=wdbfyj

It's very messy I know :\ Hmmm.. what else to say...
I also want to thank Daarken because of his amazing brushes that I've been using from quite long. They really helped me to make this texture a bit more... high quality.

Add: Oh yes! Now I remembered, some screenshots of the Hydra:

Hydra.jpg

Forgot to add this:
- Edit it if you want.
- No credits please.

Edit: Converted with BLP Lab ( www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/ ) not with War3 Viewer.

Edit: Path edited. Now it's Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2.blp instead of Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2 (.blp added, I forgot about that).

Edit: I lightened it a lot. Cuz it was really dark. I'm too lazy to update the image, I guess you get the idea :\ it's the same but... lighter.

Keywords:
Hydra, Omnivore, Naga, Water, Hidra, 3 Heads, Moose, MOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Contents

256x256Hydra.blp (Texture)

Reviews
00:46, 2nd Mar 2013 Kwaliti: Just like you said, it's pretty much a mess. Try getting more contours and shapes going on, mostly around the head if possible. Right now it's a mostly an undefined green-red blob. EDIT: Looks much better when...

M

00:46, 2nd Mar 2013
Kwaliti:

Just like you said, it's pretty much a mess. Try getting more contours and shapes going on, mostly around the head if possible. Right now it's a mostly an undefined green-red blob.

EDIT: Looks much better when brigher, though it still seems somewhat messy. I'll change my decision and approve it.

Level 28
Maybe you should remove the eyes (or make them black and "digged in") since that art has no eyes :p Also, try adding tongue and teeth if possible.

Well, yes, but it looks kinda blank and stupid without eyes, the eyes give him some evil feeling. I, of course, prefer the Omnivore Hydra to this one but it's not the same type... actually, this hydra is like the omnivore hydra only by colors, nothing else. They're just too different... and this one, without eyes, would look kinda stupid.

Misha, it's not War3 style I agree :\ it sucks.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, I'm on a mythological creature textures spree :cgrin: first that sphinx and now this... I'm just not good with humans/humanoids -.-

Then you are already doing a huge part in my project :ogre_haosis:. It's a map filled with myth creatures. How about a skin on a basilisk model? I thought i saw one here in Hive but you should ask permission first :wink:. A same concept on the basilisk could work too.

Level 28
You sure it doesn't work? I copied it from the War3 Viewer (the path) and the paths there are always correct... maybe I made a mistake while copying it (You can't CTRL + C it, cuz you can't select the text so you gotta write it by hand)

Edit: Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2 ---> units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2

I think the "U" should be small. At least, it's small in the War3 Model Editor, big in the War3 Viewer.

Btw the basilisk model, you gotta tell me who made it, so I can ask him for permission to make a skin.

Edit: Here's the path Units\Creeps\Hydra\HydraSkinBlue2.blp (+ .blp in the end)

Level 3
The skin look like very ancient and classic!! Cool!
I would call him Ancient Hydra replaced it on old warcraftIII one if I use it(* ⌒ ▽ ⌒ *)

Keep it out good style artwork matey (*⌒▽⌒*)