• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Template / Terrain] 256 x 256 Terrain Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is actually a way to use WoW Tile-Sets. I will make a tutorial later, here is the picture showing 256 x 256 Dirt tile-set;
2aku4k.png

I am using Ubersplat method, I think you can do it too via "Image" in triggers. Firstly you would need to make 256 x 256 regions in the area you want the tiles to be painted. You can also create new Ubersplats and add new kinds of tile-set shapes to fit your terrain area. This is a very advanced method to use 512x512/ 256x256 or any kind of resolution tile-sets in War3. Since the current tiles are 64x64 resolution. This method is also recommended for those who have enough photo manipulation or image based experiences.
To create a new tile you must create a transparent 1 x 1 / 2 x 2 pixel border around your new tile. Nevertheless I will make a tutorial later as I mentioned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.