• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Deadlock

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
This is an Altered Melee Map that only has one race that was altered to be another race and that is the human race. The Human Race is now the Golem Race which has Golems, Ghosts, and only a couple outside natures for its entirety as a race. Also not all about this map is my own in fact I used a few outside influences to help make the Golem Race as it's own. Special thanks to Ujimasa Hojo, Aplain, and Mc ! for their contribution to the Golem Race. I used Ujimasa Hojo's model and Icons for the Golem Tiers. Aplains Rune and Holy Rune Golem models for my Golem Healer and Golem Sorcerer. As for Mc !, I used his Crystal Golem model to make my Golem's version of the Spell Breaker. Also Mc ! you don't have to, but please fix the Image of the Crystal Golems Eyes I originally was going to use that as the icon for the Spell Breaker, but it would never show at all when I tried to plugged it in for that.

Keywords:
Golem, Altered Melee
Contents

Custom Deadlock (Map)

Reviews
22:01, 9th Jul 2014 Hell_Master: Fix descriptions and also map rejected with a rating of 1/5 quoting SCN's review here:

M

22:01, 9th Jul 2014
Hell_Master: Fix descriptions and also map rejected with a rating of 1/5 quoting SCN's review here:

StoPCampinGn00b;2552719 said:
Official THW Review

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 1
RATINGS
Custom Deadlock (no version displayed)

Gameplay: 5/20
Terrain: -/10 (Blizzard created)
Scenery: -/10 (Blizzard created)
Consistency: 2/5
Presentation: 1/5
Total Score: 9/30

NOTE: I usually base my reviews out of 50, but terrain and doodads are by Blizzard and they set the standard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
FEEDBACK
Gameplay: I'm really sorry, but the gameplay is really low quality.

Alright, to start, melee like games should have appropriate collision size. The reason most map creators decrease the collision size is if the map uses masses of units and so melee units can attack during crowded battles. In melee, you would usually micro around the melee battle with other melee units.

The size of the units differs to much, it's really annoying to move around when many single units will fill up a tenth of the screen. Size doesn't determine power, but the Healer, Sorcerer, and Siege Golem are more than five times bigger than the spirit soldiers, but the spirit soldiers have more HP. The arcane forge is also too huge.

Most of your golems have targeting spells, it's to much to handle. The dragons are really strong, and I understand that the reptilian unit is supposed to counter it. But the dragon can handle a few of those on it's own.

Imbalanced and has unit issues 5/20

Consistency: No bugs found. But siege and sorcerer golem have bad attack animations. The projectiles aren't in sync with the attack animation. For the reptilian predator, the movement animation doesn't sync with it's speed at all also. Other than those two specifics, you have buildings sharing a model, and a hero sharing a model with a unit. The units don't match either with the golems.

I do appreciate how you actually made every ability description match/not show a different unit. The only one I found was the militia ability.

2/5

Presentation: The description is very lacking. You included credits (should be a list, not sentences) and how you came up with the map. We need specifications, such as the how the race works compared to others. For example, I would say the orc race is great for raiding while human is great for defenses as militia and building armor. Screenshots are also mandatory.

1/5

PART 3
VERDICT
For the map to be put out for public, it must follow the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/, I can't vote for approval because:

-You have no quest log
-Does not state if map is protected, unprotected, or open source
-Quality is lacking
-Description is lacking

SCORE: 0.9/3.0 converts to 1.5/5.0 I have to vote for rejection. I suggest you work on a new map, and not use the human race and not just edit the human race by putting different models on them and different damage and HP.
-SCN

Level 32
Official THW Review

PART 1
RATINGS
Custom Deadlock (no version displayed)

Gameplay: 5/20
Terrain: -/10 (Blizzard created)
Scenery: -/10 (Blizzard created)
Consistency: 2/5
Presentation: 1/5
Total Score: 9/30

NOTE: I usually base my reviews out of 50, but terrain and doodads are by Blizzard and they set the standard.

PART 2
FEEDBACK
Gameplay: I'm really sorry, but the gameplay is really low quality.

Alright, to start, melee like games should have appropriate collision size. The reason most map creators decrease the collision size is if the map uses masses of units and so melee units can attack during crowded battles. In melee, you would usually micro around the melee battle with other melee units.

The size of the units differs to much, it's really annoying to move around when many single units will fill up a tenth of the screen. Size doesn't determine power, but the Healer, Sorcerer, and Siege Golem are more than five times bigger than the spirit soldiers, but the spirit soldiers have more HP. The arcane forge is also too huge.

Most of your golems have targeting spells, it's to much to handle. The dragons are really strong, and I understand that the reptilian unit is supposed to counter it. But the dragon can handle a few of those on it's own.

Imbalanced and has unit issues 5/20

Consistency: No bugs found. But siege and sorcerer golem have bad attack animations. The projectiles aren't in sync with the attack animation. For the reptilian predator, the movement animation doesn't sync with it's speed at all also. Other than those two specifics, you have buildings sharing a model, and a hero sharing a model with a unit. The units don't match either with the golems.

I do appreciate how you actually made every ability description match/not show a different unit. The only one I found was the militia ability.

2/5

Presentation: The description is very lacking. You included credits (should be a list, not sentences) and how you came up with the map. We need specifications, such as the how the race works compared to others. For example, I would say the orc race is great for raiding while human is great for defenses as militia and building armor. Screenshots are also mandatory.

1/5

PART 3
VERDICT
For the map to be put out for public, it must follow the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/, I can't vote for approval because:

-You have no quest log
-Does not state if map is protected, unprotected, or open source
-Quality is lacking
-Description is lacking

SCORE: 0.9/3.0 converts to 1.5/5.0 I have to vote for rejection. I suggest you work on a new map, and not use the human race and not just edit the human race by putting different models on them and different damage and HP.

(+2) Reputation ForgottonNightmare for uploading and trying! (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/reputation-faq-94520/)
-SCN

Last edited: