• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Blank Slate Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am not sure whether this is the right section, but the Blank Slate Experiment has roleplay elements but is neither strictly roleplay or related to Warcraft.

What is the Blank Slate Experiment?

The Blank Slate Experiment is an experimental RPG (I mean the DM-and-player kind in this section) with multiple DMs and players. Each player can switch between being the DM and the Player, or can stick to one role forever.

Are there any limits to DMing?

To maintain competitive balance, you cannot modify other players' 'worlds', so to speak, at your whim. Each modification to another player's realm requires a 'third party', in other words a third player, who will DM the probabilities, rules, etc. Oh, and you cannot modify what you placed into your world. You can only place stuff, so no retconning!

How do I join?

You don't have to sign up. Just post whatever you want in the roleplay thread and post a log of stuff here!

To modify (DM) the world, start your paragraph with 'DM'. For example,

DM: There was a castle on the planet Edirai. The castle was an fortified obsidian spire with many monstrosities in it.

To control a character of yours, start your paragraph with 'IC (', followed by your character's name and the '):' signs. For example,

IC (PO-3): Throws a fireball at COI-187

To provide out of universe commentary or just chat, start your paragraph with 'OOC:'. For example,

OOC: Lol.

Level 14
You can probably do rules for one if you become an DM except the character sheet rules you will create will only apply in your own world and not in others but yours characters will perhaps gain boosts and debuffs under another forms when going to others universes depending of the DM ruling the interaction between the others DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.