• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to find roleplaying games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I realize that I'm extremely late in discovering Warcraft 3 and its community as well as custom maps and online play, but since the game still seems to be alive I didn't think it could hurt to ask if there are any active roleplaying groups/clans/individuals around on the East US Server (Azeroth , I think it's called).

I have no idea where to look as I know so little about the maps and such. I only found this website on Google a couple days ago.

Considering how old this game is, I really have no expectations. Whenever I look at the custom game Battle.net Queue, all there ever seems to be is DoTA games. I did spy a Titan Land RPG game but when I entered it there was no one joining (I waited and kept getting kicked out of the room).

Thanks in advance,

Storm

Level 1
There are a few clans, like ARPC. And you can find a plethora of different roleplay maps, but its mostly a question of how long you're willing to wait. I usually come across at least one SotDRP game a day, and I see 5-10 games of Fantasy life a day. And those are the ones that launch, not ones that sit around waiting for players.

Titan Lands is also pretty popular throughout the day.

Personally though I'd have an interest in setting up a new roleplay clan however, so that games could be scheduled regularly and potentially be continuous (rather than playing one session and never picking up the story line again, perhaps have a game over multiple sessions).

Level 3
RP clans on East include WSSR, ARPC, and RotH that I know of.

As for finding games, just keep MakeMeHost.com's queve on your other monitor and join one if you see one. Usually RoTRPs and SotDRPs come up at a rate of about 1 an hour, sometimes more when new maps are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.