• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2 (two) (dos) (deux) Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
1st Question: I had made a minimap image, I had imported it following a tutorial, but then whenever I tried to play the map Warcraft 3 crashed. Any ideas and/or tips?

2nd Question: I always wanted to know how people made it so when a dialog box pops up a second time it is not double...

Thanks a lot :)

Level 5
Your minimap problem might have something to do with alpha channels. Click here and scroll down to the last headline ("My Icons Don't Work"), or just read this quote:
Darg @ World Editor Tutorials said:
Crash: TGA with saved alpha channels.
Helpful?

Regarding your second question, please explain. I can't see what you mean.
Healingpoison said:
... when a dialog box pops up a second time it is not double...
:s

Level 12
I'll check on the first one, and for the second question:

Ok, so the first time I trigger the dialog box it goes something like this:

Title: Well?
---------
Button: | Ok |
---------
Button: | No |

Second time I trigger it goes like so:

---------
---------
---------
---------

Edit: Thanks a lot! VictorOfSweden! It worked! Of course I cant show you the minimap display but you will get a few rep points :D

Last edited:
Level 13
Healingpoison said:
I'll check on the first one, and for the second question:

Ok, so the first time I trigger the dialog box it goes something like this:

---------
---------

Second time I trigger it goes like so:

---------
---------
---------
---------

Edit: Thanks a lot! VictorOfSweden! It worked! Of course I cant show you the minimap display but you will get a few rep points :D

Regarding your second question, you need to hide the menu after used, and then show when used again (this only helps if the buttons still have the same effect like they did before)

Level 12
Ok... I'll give it a try...

I found the problem. All I did was moved where I created the dialog to a spot that created it at the start of the game, because everytime it went through the trigger it created a new button for each dialog button

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.