• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 short compositions for RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Composing music for RPG

Hey there,

I've recently made 2 short compositions for an RPG a friend of me is making.
The compositions aren't final, because we're going to record them with a real ensemble in the near future, but for now the Cubase version is done.

Composition 1 is short and is ment to loop. This is a song that will be heard whenever you walk into the Mad Alchemist's shop in the capital city. It has to be a littlebit freaky because the alchemist is... well... mad.;-) It will be heard with small volume in the background.

Composition 2 is also quite short and will be heard during a conversation between the Mad Alchemist's and your character to start a quest. While he's talking to the character you control a small flashback video will be shown to the player showing how the alchemist lost his family in the forest by kidnappers. It's a sad (but still a littlebit freaky) happening and therefor this song will be heard in the background.

Both compositions are basically with the same instruments, key and tempo. This has been done to make them fit together better. Because people will have to recognize the 'style' of the songs as songs that fit to the Mad Alchemist.
I will be making much more compositions for the RPG of my friend whenever I have the time. I really enjoy working on his project as a music writer and I can't wait to come up with more cool stuff.

[Disclaimer: People are not allowed to use this for anything else but Warcraft III maps. In case you want to use this music for your map I'd like you to ask me first. Thanks in advance.]

[And in case you'd like me to make some music for your project, just send me a PM. I'd love to help whenever I can if I can find inspiration for the theme your map has.]

Attachments

• MadAlchemistShopLoop.mp3
    563.3 KB · Views: 75
  • MadAlchemistQuest1.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Level 19
They certainly seem to fit the theme, and although I'm not musically versed, I think you did a good job.
I do think the second one could have been a little darker though.

Thanks alot!

About the second one:
The RPG is very much inspired by The Legend of Zelda. Because of this the 'sad' parts are still a littlebit 'childish' or sad with a little wink. So because of this we agreed to not let the music get too depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.