• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1)Used a imported .blp image, set the path to war3mapMap.blp and it works fine to change the in game minimap

however soon as I updated to v1.31 the minimap image is just the map itself. So I deleted the imported image and reimported a new one and soon as I test the map it's still just the map itself. Exporting the imported image after saving also just appears as the map itself and not the original image I imported, the image file size also noticeably changes if I close and reopen the map.

I tried 128x and 256x

2) How do I hide health bars of certain units? I read adding and removing locust ability plus hiding and unhiding the unit works. But I can't seem to get it to.

Level 12
1) You're not the only one with this issue, I think it is related to reforged and that you can't do anything about it at the moment.

2) I am not very accustomed to remaining effects of removed abilities, but locust removes much more than health bars : it removes collision, selection, makes unit invulnerable etc...

I understand how unit health bars can be annoying at times, the only thing I could do about it is use the option in Warcraft 3 reforged to only display health bars when units are damaged.

Last edited:
Level 12
Yes I can imagine it does, so what is the point of adding and removing an ability, besides root ability specifics ?

Level 5
You can hide the health bar by setting the unit's Selection Scale in the object editor to a negative value. The targeting circle around the unit will become a bit funky, but that might be okay.
To choose a negative value, hold down shift and double-click Art - Selection Scale in the object editor:

sVIln3U.png

For the map issue you need to;

1. Untick the checkbox for custom interface and custom constants stuff.
  2. Delete your minimap import.
  3. Save the map.
  4. Exit the editor.
  5. Re-open the editor.
  6. Open your map.
  7. Import your minimap and rename it war3mapMap.tga (make sure it's .tga, not .blp).
  8. Save and start the map.

Level 2
You can hide the health bar by setting the unit's Selection Scale in the object editor to a negative value. The targeting circle around the unit will become a bit funky, but that might be okay.
To choose a negative value, hold down shift and double-click Art - Selection Scale in the object editor:
Thanks that works, only thing is just a quarter of the selection circle appears.

For the map issue you need to;

1. Untick the checkbox for custom interface and custom constants stuff.
  2. Delete your minimap import.
  3. Save the map.
  4. Exit the editor.
  5. Re-open the editor.
  6. Open your map.
  7. Import your minimap and rename it war3mapMap.tga (make sure it's .tga, not .blp).
  8. Save and start the map.
The problem with unchecking those two things is I have modified the hell out of both of those, but thanks for the help.

Level 20
Hiding the health bar for all units;
Game - enable preselection functionality and disable health bars, selection circles.
Game - enable selection circles and drag boxes.

^Alt key wouldn't function here.

Hiding the health bar for specific units;
may require you a customized health bar system inside your map that completely replaces the lost health bar functionality caused by those GUI functions above, then make your unit an exception to this.

These are the only workarounds I could possible think for now aside from altering unit's fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.