1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign 2020 - Reforged & Classic

Submitted by TheSpoon
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
What is the campaign?
Its a hosted hive project in which you are able to play through Blizzard's campaign which a friend.
- On missions where these is only 1 hero, an extra hero is added with new abilities.
- On missions where you have a base, you now have 2!
- On most missions, each player's gold income is halved.
- For those looking for an extra challenge, the insane difficulty is added which adds new bosses, encounters, spells, AI
What's different about the 2020 project?
- 3 difficulties (normal/hard/insane) and you can change anytime
- Insane mode is harder with more custom heroes to fight
- The culling, fall of silvermoon and siege of dalaran use their reforged map data
- The save/load codes are saved to a file
- New interesting spells for most heroes
- You can stack potions/scrolls
- Tomes are tracked between levels and awarded to both players
- Hidden artifacts in every frozen throne mission
- Its all made by Spoon now!
Is it v1.32 and below Compatible?
No, but you can play using with the old project maps. WARNING: they are buggy and I no longer update them.
Download the Campaign

Can I play with Classic Graphics?
There are two options:
- Play with these maps, there are some visual bugs on classic graphics, but perfectly playable.
- Play using the <1.32 maps, (using the above link). WARNING: they are buggy and I no longer update them.

How much is made so far?
Every map in the main campaign has been made now! Though, some frozen throne maps are only available to patreons as early access.

Early access and bonus maps?
If you've enjoyed my maps and would like to see the project completed, please support the project. It takes a huge amount of effort to process all of the maps to a good quality.

What are the new spells?
Captain Falric - Human Campaign
[​IMG]
Death Knight Falric - Undead Campaign
[​IMG]
Nazgrel - Orc Campaign
[​IMG]
Shandris - Night Elf Campaign
[​IMG]
Naisha - Sentinel Campaign
[​IMG]
Other Spells
Jaina - replaces Mass Teleport
[​IMG]
Thrall - replaces Far Sight
[​IMG]
Tyrande - replaces Owl Scout
[​IMG]
Magroth - replaces Divine Shield and Devotion Aura
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Contents

2P Reforged: Human 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 09 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 10 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Orc 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: NightElf 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Sentinel 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: BElf 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Scourge 03 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Maps appear to be functional & don't break any rules. Approved. Amazing to see that you're still doing this, @TheSpoon. Keep up the good work!
  1. TheGamerEdgaras12

TheGamerEdgaras12

Resources:
    Resources:
    So You download all the maps and host it?

2. pussycat

pussycat

Resources:
    Resources:
    you didn't even read the description!!:thumbs_up:
    What is the campaign?
    Its a hosted hive project in which you are able to play through Blizzard's campaign which a friend.
    - On missions where these is only 1 hero, an extra hero is added with new abilities.
    - On missions where you have a base, you now have 2!
    - The difficulty is set to hard by default, and each player's gold income is halved.
    - For those looking for an extra challenge, the insane difficulty is added which adds new bosses, encounters, spells, AI
    Reforged: Whats Different?
    - The insane difficulty will be looked at in detail to make improvements to balance. I would like to make a genuinely challenging difficulty with exciting boss fights and encounters. Perhaps something closer to what we were hoping when we heard about a "new campaign".
    - The missions; the culling, fall of silvermoon and the siege of dalaran maps which have been largely revamped by blizzard and will be redone.
    - The save/load codes are saved to file, like a lot of maps do these days, making it easier to transfer data between maps.
    - Some of the spells for the side heroes will be re-evaluated to see if they can be made more interesting.
    - You can stack potions/scrolls into a single inventory slot.
    - Tomes of Str/Agi/Int will be tracked between levels and awards to both players.
    - There are some more subtle changes such as renaming of factions and units.
    - The blizzard campaign adds some improvements to sounds and unit animations during cinematics, but I largely won't be focusing on these.

3. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is the general balancing on Insane? I'm looking to begin a showcase of this very soon and have a partner in mind, but I'm hesitant to try Insane if it hasn't been tested and confirmed as "challenging but doable" as opposed to "brutally unfair/unfun". Anyone out there given it a try yet and can give a little feedback? Thanks in advance!

4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some of the missions are very very hard, or at least they used to be in the OG version. I haven't tried the Reforged version yet. I would not recommend it unless you're a skilled RTS player and are looking for an actual challenge. It's still doable with a complete newbie as long as you know what you're doing and are quick with your micro.

5. ABK

ABK

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have some advise for the third map it should have four hero two for each players and you can make the insane mode much harder not just let the falric standing in the beginning and the giant murloc should drop a article
    fifth map there is a lich use the water elemental?? that's kind of weird corrupted elemental will be suitable

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  6. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have only done human 01 yet. I encountered two minor bugs. The first happened when I went beyond the gate with the first bandits, my teammate approached Mr. Ledgard (I don't remember his name) while I was fighting the bandits, the gate closed so that my mate couldn't come help me (I guess that's not a bug, just inconvenient) but my camera automatically switched over to where he picked up the quest two times while fighting which made me wipe.

The second bug is more like a real bug. I (Arthas) attacked the Slave Master orcs with divine shield, one of the warlocks ran away between the houses and the stone wall to the upper right corner of the "battlefield." This warlock was impossible to approach because heroes are too big to get through that tiny space. Luckily we had a footman left to pull him out, except he didn't follow so we had to wait for mana to heal the footman to kill him by himself.

Lastly, it was so much fun to play actual hard campaign. I played with a rather inexperienced player, we wiped 3 times, which is fun. I was hoping for something like this to come with reforged campaign, but ofc id didn't. Thank you, I hope the rest of the campaign will be released before we get to Orc04 (which we probably won't for a while).

Edit: spelling

7. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    now with some support for classic, so cross play is a thing =)
    for 1.26 you'll have to download my old work which is still available

8. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have friends so is it possible for me to play this campaign alone? or is it like the first one?

9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is pretty cool that you mean it compatible with classic graphics.
    In this way, the reforged campaign will not just be a "reforged" alternative to the previous maps you released, but actually the successor since classic graphics are allowed.

10. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    you can play single player now but it isn't very easy or recommended haha, but it is how I do a lot testing

11. Moortu

Moortu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I loved the original and I was always waiting for it to be finished, now my dream is finally coming true

12. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just saw you post Twilight of the Gods. Congrats on getting all of Reign of Chaos done.

13. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    sentinel is available as early release, blood elf is close to done, so just 1 to go!
    free users will be getting 1 chapter per week for the foreseeable future

14. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Neat. I guess once you finish the FT Scourge, you will give more information on if you plan to look into the prologue campaign / the durotar campaign? No pressure or anything haha.

15. Coldgamer

Coldgamer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me and my mate playin your map and I dont gonna lie, we have a lot of fun :grin:

Let me give some of my experiences so far:
    - In the human campaign were no major bugs.
    - Currently we try the undead campaign and unfortunately I had to fix some stuff, otherwise we couldnt play.

• Already at the beginning, there were some problems with the conversations, so it showed completly random dialogues and texts:

upload_2020-9-19_1-14-33.png

• I had to reimport the files conversion.json and war3map.wts from the original campaign otherwise the campaign was always crashin' on mission 2 after taking the corpse from Kelthuzad.

• The next thing I had to fix, was the spell "Runeblade" from Faric because the mana theft didnt worked (it is set the wrong spell by init):

upload_2020-9-19_1-3-18.png

• The last one happend on the last mission, after we loaded our heros, faric was still level 1 (he got his items but not his level). At least it makes the level harder on insane :-D

So far, thanks for your good work and I hope to see the tft campaign :peasant-bowing:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  16. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    thanks for the bug report, did you only have to re-import conversion.json and war3map.wts for mission 2?

17. seldalore

seldalore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you add a hero selection for player 2 for more customization?

Maybe unlockables, like Dark Ranger Sylvanas becoming playable after the Fall of Silvermoon, or planting tavern heroes, hidden throughout the campaign, that becomes selectable on a new run after being killed? That sense of completion would go far.

18. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would love to add more things like that for replayability. But you copying code like that to ~60 maps is very intensive!
    Additionally, on a few maps, the save/load codes are at capacity and can't afford to hold more data

19. Rotton

Rotton

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello
    I have a problem with the 2nd mission from the undead. The dialogues are from the fifth mission and kick from the game after finding the necromancer. How to fix it?

20. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I just updated a fix for that problem @Rotton
    Download the whole pack again or you can download them individually on the discord